netduma reset

WMThunder

Hi, yesterday i set up my netduma in DMZ to my router to get my nat type changed to open. this worked and my nat was fixed. today i reset my netduma not knowing that it would reset it to factory settings. so i lost everything that i did on my duma previously and i am not sure if it is still in DMZ or what to do. im worried that i have screwed alot up and my nat type on xbox one is now moderate not open. please help!! how do i tell if its still in dmz and how do i get my nat back to open. also i have a ps4 connected which has a type 2 nat right now.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, yesterday i set up my xbox one in DMZ to my router to get my nat type changed to open. this worked and my nat was fixed. today i reset my netduma not knowing that it would reset it to factory settings. so i lost everything that i did on my duma previously and i am not sure if it is still in DMZ or what to do. im worried that i have screwed alot up and my nat type on xbox one is now moderate not open. please help!! how do i tell if its still in dmz and how do i get my nat back to open. also i have a ps4 connected which has a type 2 nat right now.

Don't worry! :) Just check to make sure the below is correct:

1. Go to Device Manger
  2. Make a note of the WAN IP
  3. Go to your other router and navigate to the DMZ section
  4. Check to make sure the IP in device manager and the one in DMZ match.
  5. If they don't change the one in the DMZ so they do.
  6. Restart the console and check the NAT.

Basically jut do everything in here again :)

Hi, yesterday i set up my netduma in DMZ to my router to get my nat type changed to open. this worked and my nat was fixed. today i reset my netduma not knowing that it would reset it to factory settings. so i lost everything that i did on my duma previously and i am not sure if it is still in DMZ or what to do. im worried that i have screwed alot up and my nat type on xbox one is now moderate not open. please help!! how do i tell if its still in dmz and how do i get my nat back to open. also i have a ps4 connected which has a type 2 nat right now.

Ok first go to the page below:

ad9b3d0005.jpg

See where it says 

WAN IP: 192.168.0.2

thats the IP to put in your main routers DMZ.

Don't worry! :) Just check to make sure the below is correct:

1. Go to Device Manger
  2. Make a note of the WAN IP
  3. Go to your other router and navigate to the DMZ section
  4. Check to make sure the IP in device manager and the one in DMZ match.
  5. If they don't change the one in the DMZ so they do.
  6. Restart the console and check the NAT.

You always beat me to it LOL thats why your a forum legend :)

ok let me check i think it matches and also i have another big problem. when i reset my router it screwed up my wifi connection with my iphone. i am typing in my wifi password for my netduma over and over and getting it correct but my iphone says im typing in the wrong password everytime but i am typing it right for sure

• Netduma Staff

my router is still in dmz the IPs match but my nat on xbox one is still moderate. what the heck!!

Can you turn off the GeoFilter, restart the console and then see if your NAT is open.

• Netduma Staff

is it bad that i factory reset because i really didnt mean to

No, it isn't bad :) Can you check that UPnP is enabled in Settings >> UPnP.

Then restart console and try again. If that still does not work can you restart the Netduma from the GUI (Settings >> Miscellaneous).

hey crossy on my VPN setting when i pull it up it says "you are using the old VPN setting It will still work but we reccommend reconnecting to the VPN" what does this mean and how i fix this?

• Netduma Staff

hey crossy on my VPN setting when i pull it up it says "you are using the old VPN setting It will still work but we reccommend reconnecting to the VPN" what does this mean and how i fix this?

I think you can fix that just be disabling then re-enabling the VPN :)

And for the username and password you enter the ones that your VPN provider has given you.

Archived