R1 power connection internals are loose

Hey guys, I have a power problem with the R1. 

It's tough to explain but the power connector on the R1 is bad.

I was adjusting the congestion control using my wifi connected laptop and then refreshed the browser but didn't see any change on the control panel. So I closed then reopened the browser but my laptop wouldn't connect. I noticed that now the wifi signal was off. So i got up and made sure the ac wire was plugged in all the way. It was but the power went off in the process when I made sure the wire was all the way in. 

I was startled. 

I removed the ac cord then plugged it back in. The power came back on but I noticed that the connector inside made some noise and the power went on and off just by me moving the wire. 

I'm afraid to leave the R1 plugged in for fear that it might start a fire.

I've made a video but will not post it. 

I would love if someone from Netduma could get back to me so I could send them the video and assist me on a solution.

Thanks

Chris

• Administrators

Hi - so am I correct in my understanding that the power bit inside the router seems faulty, or that the physical power cable is faulty (or the EU to US converter)?

Hi Luke.

I am at work today so my responses will be spuratic.

Yes the power connector inside the router seems faulty.

I can send you a video of what happens if you like.

• Administrators

Thanks - could you email me your order number:

[email protected]

It sounds like this is a hardware fault so we will need you to send it back to us (we will cover the postage). We will also send you a replacement router out as well. Sorry this has happened.

Archived