Hyper-VPN not working?

There has been a lot of weird and strange things going on with this router, i had to factory restart it to make it able to ping servers again. The main reason why i did the factory restart was to fix the problem i was having with the Hyprid-VPN feature. The problem is that for some odd reason it was working perfectly fine and I was able to use it with ease, but for some reason it stopped working and just keeps saying "Failed To Communicate With Router" Keep in mind it was working perfectly fine until I wanted to switch the location I was at to see if there was a better VPN that did not have a lot of packet loss. Everything was working fine then randomly stopped working so i factory restarted it to fix the problem, all the other features work fine, but with the Hyprid-VPN feature I keep getting the same problem. I tried everything on your support page, this can include turning off firewall, antivirus, addblocker, tried numerous servers too see if it was the VPN server down, and having everything updated, I also made sure my subscription with hidemyass was still working and it was. Also i tried unticking the enable button and clicking apply and i still get the same error "Failed To Communicate With Router" ..Please help.

• Netduma Staff

The 'failed to communicate with router' error is a bug caused by using an invalid VPN configuration. I believe the only way to fix the issue is to do a factory reset.

If you are using Hide My Ass then use one of the configs here (as the one's on the router aren't up-to-date and may be invalid).

The 'failed to communicate with router' error is a bug caused by using an invalid VPN configuration. I believe the only way to fix the issue is to do a factory reset.

If you are using Hide My Ass then use one of the configs here (as the one's on the router aren't up-to-date and may be invalid).

Tried some of the configs and still the same result  I did three factory restarts and still the same problem.

Ok i figured this out. When i first got the router i went straight for the VPN feature and did not set anything up, when i updated my bandwith it asked if i wanted to say "yes" to auto configure my speeds, this was after i had the vpn  working, and it disable "enable deep packet processing" which i just found out you need it for the feature to work properly. Personally i think there should be a easier way find problems and how to fix them, going threw forums and wiki is just a pain in the ass, a normal person in my spot will be just as lost as i was when i first got router. The tutorial should go more in depth in the miscellaneous section, and update "VPN common errors" make sure you edit it to say "Make sure you enabled deep packet processing in order for this feature to work" so it will give a greater chance of that person finding and fixing the problem.

Maybe hide my ass requires deep packet? But

private Internet access doesn't. Also be warned if you able deep packet processing this will hinder your download speeds for anything on your network as well. Ad this was posted in another thread to be auto disabled on next firmware update.

Glad you figured it out. Troubleshooting is key. This router isn't for kids or non tech savvy people. That's why you see people returning it or giving up on eBay. Once you figure it out it works flawless. Jus like any other tech toy. Sad really. Kudos to you my friend :-)

Archived