What is the consensus? Home or Ping?

SM961

When gaming. Another thing if I set my location for just distance and put my pin at my home location instead of just ping when I connect to a server using just home location will I be connecting to anybody around the world because the server connecting to would allow it?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you asking whether we think it will play better for you if you use your home location with zero ping assist, forcing a local connection, or if we think it would play better if you used the Ping Assist?

In either event - Ping Assist will connect you to ANY host that is equal to or lower than the number you place in the Ping Assist graph.  Now if the game is prioritizing dedicated server connections, and most of believe it is, then you would effectively sort through the available dedicated servers available.  If NONE were equal to or below your ping assist number, it would force a P2P connection. A P2P game right now would be an anomaly, so you could be waiting for a while to get a lobby to populate, but I have done it and it will eventually give you a game, usually with you as the host.

Does that help?

Home location= to a dedicated server that will let players connect around the world? Or the same server should connect ne to local players?

What I want to know is home location only, PA 0 = connects to anybody around the world or just local players.

Home location plus Ping Assist to zero will equal you only connecting to HOST GAMES inside your Geo Filter.  The Duma can not stop the matchmaking from allowing other players to connect to the same dedicated server, or in the case of a P2P game, a host being in a party with another player from halfway around the world.

Archived