9-0 2v2 Search and Destroy GB

Netduma Crossy

• Netduma Staff

I have a gameplay :) I haven't posted a video before - I don't know if this is something people are interested in watching (I like watching games like this) but its a 2v2 GB (gamebattle) that I went 9-0 in which isn't too bad in a 2v2 Search game.

We won first and second map. First map is below and link to second map is here if you want to watch it (it wasn't anything good though :)).

I was wearing my Duma t-shirt and band - they are lucky I think, lol.

Annoyingly the vid is a bit jumpy. I guess this is because I was recording on my laptop and it does't have enough CPU power but anyway, vid is below:

Guest Netduma Luke

You completely wrecked those guys. GG.

How much teamwork is needed in a 2v2 on CoD?

I'm a Halo kid and in 2v2 teamwork is crucial. If you get separated from your team mate you're pretty much dead. From what I could tell it seems that CoD is more about splitting up from your teammate so you have more of the map covered.

• Netduma Staff

You completely wrecked those guys. GG.

How much teamwork is needed in a 2v2 on CoD?

I'm a Halo kid and in 2v2 teamwork is crucial. If you get separated from your team mate you're pretty much dead. From what I could tell it seems that CoD is more about splitting up from your teammate so you have more of the map covered.

Thats a good question! Team work is important still. In 2v2s, although they require skill they also have an element of luck (more than 3vs or 4v4s) - its about predicting your opponent. If you can predict your opponent then you've won. An easy way to do that is to split up and check two lanes (as most CoD maps are 3 lane maps). If they're not in the lanes you checked you both rotate to the one you haven't checked.

Although we split a lot you have to be there for your team-mate so you can get a trade - imo this isn't as important on a defence as you don't need to push up and are therefore less likely to get killed - on attack you usually stick together anyway because you are going to the same bomb. Although it might sound obvious - if you split up you HAVE to know when to challenge a gunfight and when to get away. An example of this is on the second map here where my team-mate knows he's outnumbered and therefore plays for the time not the kills which won the round. You have to do the same sort of thing when you split up. If you see two players and your on your own get somewhere safe until your team-mate moves over so then there is still teamwork and you are able to cover the map.

So I would say that teamwork is super important - but a lot of that comes just from communication not just about sticking together. You just have to know that your team-mate is in a position where he can help you out and trade your death (at least most of the time).

We were wrecking these kids though. If we realised that we weren't winning gun fights and were losing we would probably have stuck together so we could easily trade deaths and double team enemies. Its all about adapting your play in the game - if you stick to the same thing and it doesn't work you gotta change how your playing before it is too late.

I guess some of what I said above you do in Halo as well? I've only played halo a couple of times - I did very badly.  :(

Tell you what though - team-mate needs to get a Netduma, he was lagging all over the place at some points - lol.

Archived