no dedi servers coming up on geo filter

Harissa

• Netduma Staff

No the geo filter is just scanning but nothing happens, doesn't block dedies doesnt,connect to them, you see absolutely nothing at all?

Wait, so absolutely nothing shows up? Not even players? Try using chrome as your browser and see if anything shows up - sometimes this happens when using internet explorer.

Hi yes correct all i see is a map of the world as you do,thegeo filter just scans but nothing shows up at all,then i connect to a game and it just finds a lobby..absoloutley nothing shows up at all..will try chrome then?

Thanks...so frustrating all i want to do is play,spent hours so far...

• Netduma Staff

Hi yes correct all i see is a map of the world as you do,thegeo filter just scans but nothing shows up at all,then i connect to a game and it just finds a lobby..absoloutley nothing shows up at all..will try chrome then?

Ok, yes, I suggest trying chrome and seeing if it works. If you were using internet explorer previously then that was probably the issue.

just installed google chrome and yes it works now,thanks again,those instructions are awful ive learnt off you guys,anyway how do i use geo filter now,i see the red squares do i click on them just i have no idea whats the next step.

just installed google chrome and yes it works now,thanks again,those instructions are awful ive learnt off you guys,anyway how do i use geo filter now,i see the red squares do i click on them just i have no idea whats the next step.

Just set up as you prefer and just search for a game the PA will do the rest, here's mine for example:

bb6418db38.jpg

• Netduma Staff

The symbols on the GeoFilter are explained here.

Basically I would suggest moving the GeoFilter as small as it would go and pressing the Snal Button (which is below) a couple of times to set the distance.

c9dcf34d668178788a983d058632b602.png

Once you have the distance set, you need to set the ping assist. Probably just below double your base bing. Your base ping can be determined by going to internet diagnosis and clicking details once it has run - it will show what your ping is. I also recommend having strict mode ticked :)

Then you just need to fine tune it so it is right for you :)

Ok thanks everyone,have just played a tdm on Aw when i start the game i get all these red circles come up?I suspect theyre dedies right.so im not sure what i do with them .cani connect to them,i have everythingt ticked so basically everything is done for me,but whats the reason for the red circles ?Sorry for sounding stupid but i just dont get any of it so far really,my game plays have been the same to be honest no difference at all.

• Netduma Staff

Ok thanks everyone,have just played a tdm on Aw when i start the game i get all these red circles come up?I suspect theyre dedies right.so im not sure what i do with them .cani connect to them,i have everythingt ticked so basically everything is done for me,but whats the reason for the red circles ?Sorry for sounding stupid but i just dont get any of it so far really,my game plays have been the same to be honest no difference at all.

The red circled could be dedis or other players. It would only be a dedi if it was the big circle (host). Its up to you what you do with them. If you liked the game you could add the host to your allowed list. If you didn't like the game then you could add the host to your deny list. You can click on a dot and click ping to ping it.

So the red circles are basically just showing who is in your game. I would recommend reading the article I linked in my previous post as that will explain what all the symbols mean.

There is also more info here about all the features and how to set them up :)

Have you set your correct bandwidth in the congestion control page ? also do a internet diagnosis and add about 5-10 to your ping and enter that in PA. 

Thanks have just seen the article on the symbols,all ok now.Have played a few games still gameplay absolutley no difference in gameplay whatsoever ,only diference is i can see what area im playing with.

Archived