Questions..Need some technical support

Techgodrachit

So I just got my Netduma router and I have a few questions..

First, I guess there is a version of the software which allows you to set the maximum ping of lobbies you want to connect to.. But I can't seem to find the feature. When I try to update the software it says it is up to date.. Is there a file I need to update or how does it work

Secondly I seem to get an open NAT type on the multiplayer of Advanced Warfare but I get a closed NAT type on zombies. Are there separate ports that need to be opened for zombies? 

Third, My ISP basically just gives a LAN cable which I plug into my router. Now it works fine but I need to sign in at my ISP's website everytime I switch on the router. On my old router I did not have to that. Is there a way to fix this? I guess my connection was setup as PPoE connection for my old router..

Fourth, Regarding the Geo Filter.. Since I can move my home location to wherever I want does it mean I connect to players in the area near where I move my home location on the Geo filter.. For eg If I live in UK and I move my home location to the US does it mean I connect to players in US?

I hope you guys can help me with this,

Thanks so much,

Rachit 

So I just got my Netduma router and I have a few questions..

First, I guess there is a version of the software which allows you to set the maximum ping of lobbies you want to connect to.. But I can't seem to find the feature. When I try to update the software it says it is up to date.. Is there a file I need to update or how does it work

Secondly I seem to get an open NAT type on the multiplayer of Advanced Warfare but I get a closed NAT type on zombies. Are there separate ports that need to be opened for zombies? 

Third, My ISP basically just gives a LAN cable which I plug into my router. Now it works fine but I need to sign in at my ISP's website everytime I switch on the router. On my old router I did not have to that. Is there a way to fix this? I guess my connection was setup as PPoE connection for my old router..

Fourth, Regarding the Geo Filter.. Since I can move my home location to wherever I want does it mean I connect to players in the area near where I move my home location on the Geo filter.. For eg If I live in UK and I move my home location to the US does it mean I connect to players in US?

I hope you guys can help me with this,

Thanks so much,

Rachit 

hi there , Thnk you for buying one of our routers :)

you need to manually update your router, details and the latest update can be found here  http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1296-version-1032/

This will give you the ping assist feature and the PPoE settings so you don't need to enter them everytime ( they will be in the settings tab) - Please read the update instructions carefully so you have the correct options ticked before updating 

As for Zombies, its quite possible thats a false report if the game is open nat in mp it would be in zombies as they use the same ports

With the geo filter - yes it will filter wherever you place you home to so in your example if you only wanted to play with american players moving your home to the usa would allow you to do that

hope this helps hit us up if you have any other questions

Archived