Netduma in DMZ on Gateway???

Double00Kevin

I hope this post is going to the right place......if not, my apologies!!  So we just switched our internet carriers from a cable company that just went out of business to a "mom and pop" local phone company.  I live in a secluded area lol.  They came out and installed a calix 844G-1.  The good thing is, they offer 50 down and 25 up......twice as fast as what we had!!  Living in the back country has some disadvantages.  The issue is.....they tell me that the 844G-1 cannot be set to Bridged mode.  I honestly feel like they can do this from their head end (I dont see a setting for that on my end)......but trying to keep the peace, Im looking for an alternative.  In order to effectively get the most out of the Netduma router, maybe throw it onto the 844G-1 DMZ?  Anyway, Im looking for the best setup in everyones opinion with this.   What would my other settings look like?  upnp on both routers?  DHCP settings?  QoS?   Static Routes?  Like I said, just curious on everyones' thoughts.  Thanks for everyone's brainstorming in advance!!!

Archived