Increased Latency and Packet Loss on Turbo and Super Turbo Mode

Hi, been asked to post my issue here before an RMA will be issued so here goes...

The router shows consistent packet loss and high latency when utilizing Turbo and Super Turbo Mode on the latest firmware. The Router is stable when both are disabled however internet speeds will not exceed 60Mbits per second on the downstream (380Mbit/s connection total). Tried multiple reboots and factory restores with the ipv6 settings disabled, reactive algorithm used, deep packet scanning disabled and turbo/super turbo enabled. The router will perform adequately for a period of time, however it will randomly increase latency from 20ms to 1500ms~2500ms leading to time outs and general packet loss making general web surfing incredibly slow and gaming impossible. See screenshots for your reference...

1. What firmware version are you on? 1.03.6g
  2. What speeds do you get from multiple speed tests? Asus router (380Mbit/s Down / 30Mbit/s Up) NetDuma r1 (60~350Mbit/s Down / 30Mbit/s Up)
  3. What is your current setup? E.g. ISP hub/modem (Specify model) > R1 > all devices Surfboard SB6183 > R1 > Netgear Switch > devices
  4. What is your specific issue? (Provide as many details as possible. If it is a lag issue include the screenshots from here in your post) see above
  5. Any other information (such as settings you may have previously tried). attached screenshot from asus router test as well for your reference

post-8358-0-65742600-1461334763_thumb.png

post-8358-0-38682800-1461334764_thumb.png

post-8358-0-81435400-1461334764_thumb.png

Sorry to say it is the Surfboard that does not play well with the Netduma.  Especially the 6183.  I had the same modem and I had to get rid of it.  Search the forums and you will find quite a few issues.  Again sorry to be the bringer of bad news. 

Archived