150 mpbs download?

iFelsie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Well if I can get 120, then I'm all in.  I'll try again right now.  I'll set everything to what's suggested, reset the router just for kicks and try the test...

Remember to reset the router from the miscellaneous settings and not by unplugging it from the the power otherwise all the settings you've just changed will revert back :)

Here's what I just got..  I paused the network monitor right after the dl finished.  The speeds don't match, which is understandable since the R1 is showing all traffic and speedtest is just showing its traffic.

So I'm happy with it since I have a fix for higher speeds if needed.

post-305-0-21738900-1428009808_thumb.png

post-305-0-47290100-1428009883_thumb.png

I have all those settings like you said and I get the 97 down and 19 up.

I swapped out ethernet cables and still getting same results.

I connect my pc to netgear router and netgear to ISP and netduma is not connected I max out at 150 down and 25 up.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks man I'm not really sure why the speeds are that low. Can you make sure you have a gigabit ethernet cable conencting the device to the R1 and also connecting the R1 to the modem please.

Guest Netduma_Iain

There's a reset button on the back? I didn't even know that. Please do not touch that button. 

There is a reset button on the front face where the ethernet cables are. But please use the button on the GUI over the physical button everytime. The physical button is there for when you can't access the GUI.

Remember when you factory reset the wifi password will change so you need a wired cable to connect back to it and change it to what you're used to.  

There's a reset button on the back? I didn't even know that. Please do not touch that button. 

There is a reset button on the front face where the ethernet cables are. But please use the button on the GUI over the physical button everytime. The physical button is there for when you can't access the GUI.

Remember when you factory reset the wifi password will change so you need a wired cable to connect back to it and change it to what you're used to.

GUI ? Sorry but i didnt understand that. So Only go to misc and click on " factory reset "?

Guest Netduma_Iain

So I meant go to misc then factory reset.

In case you're interested GUI = graphical user interface. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

The PS4 test is notoriously inaccurate, everyone here posts same things. I would ignore anything other than wired PC test to speedtest.net or something equally as reputable.

Also look at the network monitor, you're probably on below 1%, 99% of the time. Bandwidth is really quite unnecessary these days until someone invents a killer app. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Felsie likely the playstation servers that are the bottleneck not your connection. I'd ignore it if I was you :)

• Netduma Staff

Only get 10 % of capacity on wi-fi whats wrong?

My dad ask it.

Wifi is always slower than wired. The only way to get the full speeds it via wired.

Its annoying but I fixed it by using wireless powerline adapters.

Archived