Netduma setup with Xbox1/ps4 on Comcast 105 mbps

• Netduma Staff

Connecting it up should be easy :) There is a quick start guide in the box - or at least there was when I got mine. All you have to do though is hook up the ethernet cable from the PoE port on the Netduma to a port on your other router.

Fist you should probably upgrade. Annoyingly the site is down at the moment, but when it is back up, you can upgrade from here.

Next you probably want to change a few settings so you can get your fast speeds which you pay for :) First go to congestion control and select the 'Reactive' algorithm. Next, go to settings >> miscellaneous and disable deep packet processing. You should now have the fast speeds :)

The next thing you probably want to do is put the router in DMZ mode from the other router. Again, annoyingly the website is down and there is an article on the Wiki explaining how to do it. Basically though, you just need go to device manager (after upgrading), get your WAN ip. Then log into the other router and find the DMZ settings on that. You can then enter the WAN IP you have found into the DMZ on the other router. This should mean that you have an open NAT.

These are probably the main things that need to be done when getting the router. You would then need to set up GeoFilter and sort out settings for congestion control. Instructions for that are also on the Wiki :)

There is loads more info on the Wiki, which can be found here: http://wiki.netduma.com- you won't be able to get on it at the moment while they transfer the web servers but once all that is done it has some useful info on it for setting up your Netduma :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey thanks for purchasing and glad to see it will arrive today! I can only echo what Crossy has said as hes hit every point that should be necessary to get you up and running! Any issues please let us know :)

Welcome to the Enlightened livethecode!  I have Comcast and when mine showed up it was plug-n-play for just about everything and took me about 15 minutes.  I don't think I can expand on what's been posted already.

Excellent post Crossy!   ;)

Next you probably want to change a few settings so you can get your fast speeds which you pay for :) First go to congestion control and select the 'Reactive' algorithm. Next, go to settings >> miscellaneous and disable deep packet processing. You should now have the fast speeds :)

I see the option for Reactive but I do not see miscellanaeous under settings. Could you screenshot where this is please? I'm using Firefox on Linux Mint. My firmware version is 1.02.7.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I see the option for Reactive but I do not see miscellanaeous under settings. Could you screenshot where this is please? I'm using Firefox on Linux Mint. My firmware version is 1.02.7.

Ahh this may be because it was getting cut off on some screens. If you make the browser full screen you will be able to see it. Otherwise go here http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/misc.sh

Ahh this may be because it was getting cut off on some screens. If you make the browser full screen you will be able to see it. Otherwise go here http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/misc.sh

I ended up trying IE on my work laptop and I could see it. You're right, it was the zoom setting within Firefox. It was at 100% and I put it at 80%, the link also works as well. Sometimes Firefox is a bit wonky in Ubuntu based distros, aside from the zoom issue I haven't had any issues while using Mint with your UI.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I ended up trying IE on my work laptop and I could see it. You're right, it was the zoom setting within Firefox. It was at 100% and I put it at 80%, the link also works as well. Sometimes Firefox is a bit wonky in Ubuntu based distros, aside from the zoom issue I haven't had any issues while using Mint with your UI.

Ahh fantastic! Thanks for letting us know, glad to see its working well. In the latest version the settings menu should be fixed so youd be able to see it on the 100% zoom. As we are migrating servers currently I cant link you to this just yet but sounds like its all good anyway :)

got it all hookup up. few issues tho..

1. Does anything save once the router window is closed? Mine seem to change everything every time i refreshed or anyhting. Like the bandwidth speeds and the geo location. Sometimes even when im whiching tabs.

2. I got my xbox one and pc hook up and they where in the device manager active and wired...but once i tried to tie ps4 up would say active but dormant? and i did reset and ps4 would say active wired but then xbox 1 would say dormant? Both systems on and running aw but not gaming. also noticed dormant devices wouldnt show ip address?

3. My software seems to have issues? The upgrade and support tabs seem to have scrambled letters? Where can i find a link to download the new software? Google search ended with a dead link. 

Morning livethecode - I imagine the Net Duma folks will be along shortly.  I don't have many answers, but I might be able to offer something on question 1.

Originally the software didn't support cookies, but that was an early update that was pushed, and I believe that is live for everyone now.  It should be included in the most recent update, which has a link here. I believe there is a setting for "Cookies" under Misc (??) and once checked it will stop the reset of the Geo-Filter for sure, along with any settings such as Auto Ping, Miles/Kilometeres, etc.  I never had a problem with it dropping my bandwidth speeds, so perhaps someone else can assist on that portion.  

More to follow when some of the more knowledgeable folks log in this morning.  Good luck!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Livecode,

Sorry but our web server is down thats why you can't see the file. I'm working on moving things to a temporary location while we migrate to our new server. 

Many of your issues(if not all) are addressed in the latest version. However I'm not sure if you are on the latest version as our production line recently moved to it. Can you scroll to the bottom of any page and let me know what version you see. Is it 1.03.2 or 1.02.2?

Cheers

Guest Netduma Fraser

im at work but it said something like 1.02.7?

Our latest is 1.03.2, when available when our servers are back up we will let you know so you can upgrade :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

can geo/bandwidth/and other functions save when not on? would like to play not having to worry setting have changed etc

They should do for the most part, when you put in the bandwidth are you hitting the update button?

Guest Netduma_Iain

LiveTheCode,

Anything that functionally changes the router e.g. changing the distance, ping assist. Or changing anti-flood, device prio, VPN etc will save. 

Other things that are purely superficial such as KM/Mile conversion do not save by default. However in the latest firmware we allow you to use cookies to save many of the superficial settings as well. Go to "Settings >Misc" then enable cookies please. Then they should save many of the superficial settings on the host filtering page.

Hope that helps

Archived