Strict Geo-Filter & AW Matchmaking

Hi,

I have setup my Netduma geo-filter to strict with PA to 0ms, however Advanced Warfare matchmaking still puts me with hosts that are very far away from my geo-filter radius (radius is approx. 900km).

Anyone has an idea on how AW matchmaking algorithm works?

I'm running AW on a PS4 with a wired connection , the whole connection bandwidth is dedicated for my PS4

• Netduma Staff

Does the button under the service say "Disable"? That is what it should say. If it says "Enable", click it then it should work if that is the issue  :)

If that doesn't fix it can you take a screen shot of the GeoFilter page :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Janahi,

Can you take a screenshot of the top of your geo-filter page where the services are and another screenshot of all the options above the map. Based on that i can assist. Thanks :) 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Janahi

You see where it says nameless device, can you click select service and just pick a random computer and pick xbox live. Then disable it, we don't want it to interfere with the other one. Then can you reboot the router by going to "Settings > Misc" and clicking reboot.

Let me know if that does not work please

Done that but still the same, last game I was playing against people from Europe

seems to me that my ping to European servers is low , that's why AW matchmaking servers always put me in EUR servers 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Janahi

Can you show me a screenshot of the map showing circles outside of it. Don't worry I'm sure its an easy fix

• Netduma Staff

Sorry for the delay

after 45 minutes of playing I get the map attached but red circles didnt show up

Can you re-add the device to the GeoFilter and also make sure you are using a browser like chrome and not internet explorer (IE has lots of issues) :)

Installed Chrome

Deleted PS4 and another device that was having the same IP

Configured the PS4 again to the Geo-filter

and the result is below in the screenshot :D

Actually its the first time I get those green circles since I had my NetDuma 

Thanks Crossy :) will keep on experimenting though ;)

post-1218-0-33481700-1428015081_thumb.png

I got a quick question;

after I added my PS4 successfully and game ran smooth, I added my other devices (laptop + TV) on xbox live PA service, disabled them as shown in the attached pic and restarted the router afterward

Would that affect Geo-filtering on my PS4 ?

Thnx guys

post-1218-0-13191500-1428022976_thumb.png

I'm likely being thick but why add a tv to the geo-filter? Or indeed a laptop (unless of course you game on a laptop - that idea is just alien to me so I sometimes forget people do!)

Guest Netduma_Iain

I assume it was a mistake buds, and since you can't delete it(easily) you just disable it :)

On a side note one of our beta testers used the geo-filter to test load  balancing on his web server which I always thought was cool! 

Added them just not to conflict with my PS4, although it should not since each device should have its own IP. With that being said, does the NETDUMA assign always a static IP to all wired devices?

Deleting devices isn't that difficult, you just need to disconnect it, reboot and then delete. At first I added it by mistake so had to assign it to a service and disable it. I think I'm gonna go ahead and delete both of them.

Guest Netduma_Iain

It's actually dynamic unless you set the lease yourself which I don't recommend.

It does a very good job at remembering devices and giving them the save ip though.

Archived