Modem with single ethernet port, how do I DMZ?

I have a Cisco dpc3208 modem. It only has one ethernet port. How do I setup with the Netduma? I dont think it has bridge-mode, so I have to DMZ the netduma, but the problem is that to DMZ it, I would have to have the netduma connected to it, and if I have the netduma connected to it, I dont think I can access my modem's control page. What do I do here?

Its looks as though the DPC3208 is modem only so there is no need to DMZ or Bridge.  DMZ/Bridging would only come into play if your modem had router functions as well (sometimes referred as a combo unit).  

Also you will still be able to access your modem interface even with the netduma connected as your primary router by inputting 192.168.100.1. This usually works. It does for me.  I have mine setup like : modem>Netduma>Another Router(as access point).  And I can access my netdume by inputting 192.168.88.1 and I can also access my modem by inputting 192.168.100.1.  Hope this helps. 

Its looks as though the DPC3208 is modem only so there is no need to DMZ or Bridge.  DMZ/Bridging would only come into play if your modem had router functions as well (sometimes referred as a combo unit).  

Also you will still be able to access your modem interface even with the netduma connected as your primary router by inputting 192.168.100.1. This usually works. It does for me.  I have mine setup like : modem>Netduma>Another Router(as access point).  And I can access my netdume by inputting 192.168.88.1 and I can also access my modem by inputting 192.168.100.1.  Hope this helps.

Thanks! Will try!

Archived