R1 Setup Question for best connection to freinds all over the world

AOrtiz

Quick question.

I just joined a competitive BF4 clan.

I can connect up to 32 members in a game.

My teammates can be located all over the world (USA,ENGLAND,GERMANY).

Currently I have PlayStation PA disable, Strict mode off, ping set to 0, ping assist off.

Any suggestion on this would be appreciated, would like the optimal setting so I can get the most of the R1 without hurting my connection to my teammates.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm not sure about that specific game but I believe it uses dedicated servers so it's probably best to try pick one in the middle of all your team mates

I think its in the west coast. should I open my geo filter all the way so it covers California? will people from over sea be able to join?... I guess thats my concern that they will not be able to join or have issues joining

Guest Netduma Fraser

I think its in the west coast. should I open my geo filter all the way so it covers California? will people from over sea be able to join?... I guess thats my concern that they will not be able to join or have issues joining

Yes you can try that. It will help if you put them all in your allow list, doing this for 30 odd people would be quite time consuming but it will ensure they can always connect to you regardless of how your Geo-filter is set.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks but about 40 people.. I'll try to open up the geo location. Thanks

Yeah that is a lot of people, let us know how it goes :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

AOrtiz, I believe BF purely uses dedicated servers so it will NOT be you hosting the game but some server owned by the developers. So don't worry about handling all 40 players my concern would be the latency for the poor folk around the world.

So you wana look where everyone is and try find a server in the middle of all of you. For example lets say your teammates were spread out evenly amongst the entire US, then you'd want to pick a server slap bang in the middle of the USA. Hope that makes sense. 

Thanks

Unfortunately... I don't setup the matches. They tell me what time to get on to join and they setup the matches against the other teams (new concept for me - new chapter in my life). I kinda know that we will be on dedicated servers, I wasn't sure if i should disable PA and strict or just expand my Geo filter or maybe when I get into a game, see where the server is and maybe move my locations there and expand the filter, you know what I mean. I know my connection is going to be good, just don't want to mess with my mates connection to the server we play in. (see how I used mates in the sentence, you guys have been rubbing off in my vocabulary.. I'm puertorican with a English accent - lol)

Cheer

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi mate ;)  

You've gotta teach me the equivalent of mate in Spanish. I've recently learnt kumpel is mate in German :)

Anyway back on topic, if the server is decided for you already I'd recommend disabling the geo-filter. Just use congestion control to optimise your connection, you can't help others as the host is predetermined. 

Archived