OBS Streaming bitrate value vs congestion control

Hi,

i'm configuring my OBS stream & i'm at the step where i have  to set the streaming bitrate ...

bitrate is determined in accordance with Upload bandwidth data.

I assume that  congestion control is highly recommended when streaming, to keep good ping & playable game :) ..so i set Up/down cap at 70%.

Now to calculate my bitrate value to set  in OBS , shall i consider my upload value when congestion control set at 70% or when at 100% ?.

thks in advance for the clarification

Hi,

i'm configuring my OBS stream & i'm at the step where i have  to set the streaming bitrate ...

bitrate is determined in accordance with Upload bandwidth data.

I assume that  congestion control is highly recommended when streaming, to keep good ping & playable game :) ..so i set Up/down cap at 70%.

Now to calculate my bitrate value to set  in OBS , shall i consider my upload value when congestion control set at 70% or when at 100% ?.

thks in advance for the clarification

Hi there if you set it to the 70% value you wont get any issue with obs using more bandwidth and you still have 30% spare 

Guest Netduma_Iain

If you're playing games you should set it to 70% then calculate your bit rate based on 70%.

If you stream though that is the perfect scenario for setting your bandwidth distribution high! Give the PC a high value mate

Archived