No internet connection and various problems since yesterday

Ok so let me explain how it started yesterday. I was happily watching a stream using the internet connection via netduma like always when my wife started complaining about no WiFi access.

I checked the congestion control because I usually turn it to 70% and give myself a lot of priority (main computer), however, this usually doesn't bother the WiFi at all. Anyway the congestion control was set to 70% and so I tried to change it back to 100% which never worked and was stuck at 70%. I then gave up with it and connected everything back through my BT Home Hub for the rest of the night.

This morning when I tried I think it was applying the congestion settings ok, but now the netduma is not recognising the BT Home hub router via the PoE / WAN (Red wire) connection. The port light is not lit and I've tried resetting both routers. Was there a firmware update yesterday or something?

To clarify, the netduma is sitting doing nothing right now because I can't connect to it.

This is how I'm setup (I've tried switching the Ethernet ports). Also the internet works fine connected via the BT Home Hub itself.

YPjy9fE.png

• Netduma Staff

Is the R1 connected to the red WAN port on the back of the BT Home Hub?

If it is, I'm not sure if that will work, as far as I know, that WAN port is the same as the PoE on the Netduma; it is an inlet for an internet connection, mainly for fibre optic users.

If your not already, use one of the normal ethernet ports on the back of the router.

There is a guide here on how to set up with the BT Home Hub :)

Is the R1 connected to the red WAN port on the back of the BT Home Hub?

If it is, I'm not sure if that will work, as far as I know, that WAN port is the same as the PoE on the Netduma; it is an inlet for an internet connection, mainly for fibre optic users.

If your not already, use one of the normal ethernet ports on the back of the router.

There is a guide here on how to set up with the BT Home Hub :)

Hmmm I'll try switching it to another port for sure, but I've been using this setup since I got it at Christmas and I've had no problems until now.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Did you make another post?

Anyway my reply in the other thread just mentioned that firmware updates are NOT automatic. So unless you updated it using the advanced section it will not have updated. Did you or anyone else change anything? 

Did you make another post?

Anyway my reply in the other thread just mentioned that firmware updates are NOT automatic. So unless you updated it using the advanced section it will not have updated. Did you or anyone else change anything? 

Like Crossy suggested, I tried switching the port of the red wire to a normal Ethernet port on the BT Home Hub and it is working now. I just don't understand why I was able to use the WAN port all of this time though.

I'm on version 1.02.2 and it says I'm already running the latest firmware?

Archived