AT&T gateway Arris NVG589

I just changed my connection to a faster connection (18 to 75). At&t changed my modem/router to the Arris NVG589. When I connect the NetDuma, I get a red blinking light in the port that i just connected the cat 5 to? I always get a red light even if I switch the port that I connect to. I am still able to connect to the R1 and get Internet signal however I can only get up to 15Mbps download. Any ideas?

• Netduma Staff

I just changed my connection to a faster connection (18 to 75). At&t changed my modem/router to the Arris NVG589. When I connect the NetDuma, I get a red blinking light in the port that i just connected the cat 5 to? I always get a red light even if I switch the port that I connect to. I am still able to connect to the R1 and get Internet signal however I can only get up to 15Mbps download. Any ideas?

This article on the Wiki has information on how to increase your speeds.

For reference though, on congestion control page, change algorithm to reactive and this should increase speeds.

If they are still slow, go to settings >> Miscellaneous and disable deep packet processing.

:)

Archived