Cant ping server

RADDY1993

Hey guys i was playing a while ago and had one of the best connections i think i have ever had people dropped with 1 bullet, the thing is when i tried pinging the server it just wouldn't work. Is there a reason why ? and also why does the server have a broken red circle even though its a dedi, screenie is below.

fc3a4ec27c.jpg

UPDATE: just tried a different dedi and ping worked also the game is playing off the hook today not sure if that update done it but wow look at the ping to the dedi below :).

aa72159d32.png

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanx but why could i not ping it.

I know firewalls can prevent it but as its working now I wouldn't worry! Keep an eye on it and see if it becomes a recurring problem.

I know firewalls can prevent it but as its working now I wouldn't worry! Keep an eye on it and see if it becomes a recurring problem.

Will do m8, its weird though as its a dedi but anyway the duma is working a treat today no servers are over 20ms :), just had one that sat at 13ms smooth as a babys butt  :).

Guest Netduma Fraser

Will do m8, its weird though as its a dedi but anyway the duma is working a treat today no servers are over 20ms :), just had one that sat at 13ms smooth as a babys butt  :).

Haha! Glad to hear it man :D

Haha! Glad to hear it man :D

Ok its happened again on a few different occasions now, you say it might be the firewall but to which one are you referring Router, PC ? and what do i need to allow through it.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ok its happened again on a few different occasions now, you say it might be the firewall but to which one are you referring Router, PC ? and what do i need to allow through it.

Well I disabled someones hub firewall and that fixed it so you could try that :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

There is no way to disable the SR-102 Sky Router what else do you suggest .

Disabling the firewall on your PC briefly and see if you can ping :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

So how do i allow the ping test in the router through my PC firewall.

Just disable it briefly and then try to ping to see if its an issue :)

Just disable it briefly and then try to ping to see if its an issue :)

I disabled my firewall and still the same, it only started getting more frequent today. I have not changed or installed anything lately.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I disabled my firewall and still the same, it only started getting more frequent today. I have not changed or installed anything lately.

So its not consistent whether it works/doesnt work? Sometimes it will ping sometimes not?

Guest Netduma_Iain

when the ping doesn't work do you see a message appear?

If not please just click the ping button again. This is a known bug and fixed in the newest version.

Archived