R=0 on GeoFilter and PA=2xPing?

So I just ran 1 million (with pinky raised) ping test and got a average of 27.0 ms.  If I set geo filter @ zero and PA @ 2xPing, will this remove lag comp?(Assuming lag comp is ((Ping1-Ping2)/2))?  Also, to set bandwidth do I need to test speed @ modem, or R1?  I assumed @ modem, but I have very different results.  65/9 @ modem and 30/.87 on R1, so I set band width to 61/8, with CC@ 70% for up and down cap.

Guest Netduma Fraser

So I just ran 1 million (with pinky raised) ping test and got a average of 27.0 ms.  If I set geo filter @ zero and PA @ 2xPing, will this remove lag comp?(Assuming lag comp is ((Ping1-Ping2)/2))?  Also, to set bandwidth do I need to test speed @ modem, or R1?  I assumed @ modem, but I have very different results.  65/9 @ modem and 30/.87 on R1, so I set band width to 61/8, with CC@ 70% for up and down cap.

Hey Caldera, I actually replied to your previous post regarding speed. So if you could check for a reply first before starting a new thread next time :) Ping assist is just that, an assistant to the Geo-filter, its not meant to be used on its own. Id recommend keeping your Geo-filter open to may 500-1000km and you could do your ping at 50ish. Lag comp is nothing to do with us, so I cant comment on that. So no, it will just get you a host within your radius or within your ping setting :)

• Netduma Staff

Primary function of the router is to lower the ping as there is a strong correlation between low ping and better games. Lag comp is needed, you can't "remove it". The game just wouldn't work then.

About the speed issues, try this:

-Congestion Controll Page - Set the algorithm to reactive.

-Settings >> Miscellaneous - As long as you don't do PC gaming, disable deep packet processing, if you are a PC gamer, leave it how it was.

Enter the speeds you get on your modem. Do a speed test now and your speeds should be the same as your modems.

Archived