This router must not work for pc

Guest Netduma Fraser

No matter what I try, simply cannot get host filtering to work. I only wanted it for advanced warfare on pc. The networking part works fine, just cannot get any of the software features to work

Hey Simtech thanks for purchasing! Not to worry, simply choose your PC and then Xbox Live PA as the service on the Geo-filter :) 

• Netduma Staff

No matter what I try, simply cannot get host filtering to work. I only wanted it for advanced warfare on pc. The networking part works fine, just cannot get any of the software features to work

Remember to use the advanced host monitoring, you need to have deep packet processing enabled in miscellaneous settings.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Simtech just to add to Frasers post if you checkout our buyers guide we don't official support AW for PC. However a few customers have also bought it not knowing that and we found out that using the "xbox live PA" service works on PC. Let us know if you need help setting that up. 

Also "Host Analysis" is for supported PC games but don't worry you can use the basic ping feature that our console cod users use. 

I upgraded firmware but still do not have miscellaneous under the setting tab. I cannot get congestion control to work either. I input values and they do not save, they revert back to default. Also, this router is slowing down my connection. I only have a 10 meg connection (fastest available here, ashamed to say) and when I run a speed test, I am only getting between 2 and 3. I have a dsl connection and wonder if this is the problem. I have the router in the dmz but am constantly told I am connected to another router.

I upgraded firmware but still do not have miscellaneous under the setting tab. I cannot get congestion control to work either. I input values and they do not save, they revert back to default. Also, this router is slowing down my connection. I only have a 10 meg connection (fastest available here, ashamed to say) and when I run a speed test, I am only getting between 2 and 3. I have a dsl connection and wonder if this is the problem. I have the router in the dmz but am constantly told I am connected to another router.

The lack of the misc option might be due to the size of your screen

press settings and hit f11 to max the screen misc is the last option ( fyi we will have this fixed in the next update)

or just enter http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/misc.sh  into the browser bar and it will take you direct to the misc menu

once there if you tick cookies that WILL save your settings

Where are you running a speed test from?

Do not worry about the other router message thats fine

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Adam,

SimTech is not running the beta firmware so cookies isn't available. However to get misc please use what Adam suggested. Also at the bottom of the page what version does it say your running?

Finally can you try using chrome or firefox as the browser if you're having issues.

Cheers

Archived