netduma arrived today

Thunderwing Doomslayer

just got my netduma today and it has been quite good , as i play hctdm i have to allow a little bit of france in my search otherwise it doesnt seem to get me a game , at the moment tho the wifi light doesnt show and as i was browsing this forum all the lights went off and it beeped , i lost connection briefly . other than that the games ive had were great and even one of my friends is looking at getting one .

Guest Netduma Fraser

just got my netduma today and it has been quite good , as i play hctdm i have to allow a little bit of france in my search otherwise it doesnt seem to get me a game , at the moment tho the wifi light doesnt show and as i was browsing this forum all the lights went off and it beeped , i lost connection briefly . other than that the games ive had were great and even one of my friends is looking at getting one .

Hey Thunder, thanks for purchasing and so glad to see you received the router :) That shouldn't have happened, that means it restarted for some reason. Have you upgraded to the latest version? If not you can go here and follow the instructions http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updatethen keep an eye on it and see if it restarts on its own. Fantastic thats just what we like to hear :) 

• Netduma Staff

The loss of connection and a beep means that it has restarted.

The WiFi light does't show if nothing is using the WiFi. Were you connected to the WiFi and using the WiFi when you checked? :) Also, what version are you on? I guess .2 (it says at the bottom of page router home page). The random restart is strange. Was the power cord definitely plugged in? If you updated the firmware that would also be the cause of a restart.

EDIT:

Fraser beet me to it  :P

Guest Netduma Fraser

i am using the wifi and i upgraded it not long after plugging it in .

Okay monitor it and see if it happens again. If it does try doing a factory reset in miscellaneous settings, youll have to be able to plug in an ethernet cable to a PC in order to change the WiFi password on the R1 control panel :)

• Netduma Staff

i will keep an eye on it , just how hot should this thing get , as i was playing i put my hand on it and it was quite warm .

They get warm. Its sort of difficult to describe, as its quit subjective. I when I touch mine, I don't flinch back in pain because of the heat, but it is definitely noticeable that it is warmer.

• Netduma Staff

ok pls i think my nat is still open beacuse i can see the blue box. i already put in the numbers for the dmz host i also have a dmz ipv6 host but is blank and i dont know what to put in there.

Do you want to come into chat because it will probably be quicker to help you there?

Archived