VPN exclusion for other games

Hey guys! I made a post in another thread as a reply but I think this particular thing might deserve its own thread.

I personally play a wide variety of games, from Blade and Soul to numerous other non-Source titles.

I was wondering, what exactly is the setup routine for adding a non-Source/LoL game to the exception list? I understand it has something to do with ports, but I so far haven't had any luck with figuring this out.

Also one small thing, I personally am just trying to avoid people getting my IP through Skype. As long as I don't have Skype running, could I safely disable the VPN and stream normally with no fear of being hit? If that's the case then I should be solid as I rarely if ever use Skype while streaming.

The only downside is it's a pain to not be able to have Skype open on a side window while online gaming in my own free time if that's the case due to not understanding how to make other games work with the exception list.

Appreciate the help so far guys! You all have been great.

Hey guys! I made a post in another thread as a reply but I think this particular thing might deserve its own thread.

I personally play a wide variety of games, from Blade and Soul to numerous other non-Source titles.

I was wondering, what exactly is the setup routine for adding a non-Source/LoL game to the exception list? I understand it has something to do with ports, but I so far haven't had any luck with figuring this out.

Also one small thing, I personally am just trying to avoid people getting my IP through Skype. As long as I don't have Skype running, could I safely disable the VPN and stream normally with no fear of being hit? If that's the case then I should be solid as I rarely if ever use Skype while streaming.

The only downside is it's a pain to not be able to have Skype open on a side window while online gaming in my own free time if that's the case due to not understanding how to make other games work with the exception list.

Appreciate the help so far guys! You all have been great.

Hey mate , to resolve the skype resolve issue , there's two solutions.

1. Use http://web.skype.cominstead

2. Use this method if you need skype for desktop 

Now ,when you want to add a certain game to your exceptions there's a few ways to do so.

None of which are specific since every game is different , but it typically goes like this.

You need to find out which ports each game uses, you can usually find out here - http://portforward.com/cports.htm

Once you have the port , you can add it to the netduma and all traffic through those ports will be in exceptions.

But if you're unable to find the port for your selected game , there's another but tedious method

You can connect to your old router and use a packet sniffer or host finding tool to find the host of selected games.

I'll go further into detail about this later , have to go atm , but hopefully this helps!

Allrighty! Thank you kindly Asen. :D

I have followed the guide in the video - got UPnP and the 'Allow direct connections to your contacts only' checked.

My main problem now is I can't pinpoint the ports for certain things (or if I do it's a range of ports and I believe I would have to put one exception for every single port in the range of around 100 for, as an example, ncLauncher to work around my VPN). 

If I have that Skype video followed down right, I honestly don't even need the VPN anymore do I?

Archived