Disconnecting From Xbox Live

Hi,

I'm currently using the Netduma R1 running on version 1.02.7 (R1 debug version 1.02.7 running on rb-951g-2hnd) in conjunction with my Xbox One.

I'm having the issue of being disconnected from xbox live at random times, sometimes it can happen once in 2 hours others 3 times in 20 minutes!

I'm only having this issue whilst being wired into the Netduma directly. I can happily stay online without being disconnected for hours at a time when I'm connected wirelessly to the netduma.

Any help to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated as it's becoming a bit of a pain in the arse!

Regards,

Tom

Just a couple of thoughts...Have you tried switching out your ethernet cable that connects the Xbox One to the R1? Have you also rebooted the router and done a hard reboot on the Xbox One? Sometimes a reboot can solve weird issues like this. 

Does the whole internet connection to the Xbox one drop or are you just signed out of XBL?

Its hard to tell as I get signed out but as soon as I hit reconnect it does so without any issues!

Just a couple of thoughts...Have you tried switching out your ethernet cable that connects the Xbox One to the R1? Have you also rebooted the router and done a hard reboot on the Xbox One? Sometimes a reboot can solve weird issues like this. 

Will give it a go now but its been doing this since I got it over a month ago. Just play wirelessly most of the time up until now but want to get it sorted

• Netduma Staff

Its hard to tell as I get signed out but as soon as I hit reconnect it does so without any issues!

Will give it a go now but its been doing this since I got it over a month ago. Just play wirelessly most of the time up until now but want to get it sorted

So this doesn't happen if you are connected wirelessly to the Netduma?

• Netduma Staff

Yes it's a wired only issue. Can happily be connected to it wirelessly without any issue which is really weird!

Try two things:

Connecting to a different port on the Netduma

And like Alex said, using a different ethernet cable :)

Yes it's a wired only issue. Can happily be connected to it wirelessly without any issue which is really weird!

I would say the issue is most likely the wire then if you can connect wirelessly without any issues 

sometimes something as simple as just swapping the cable or swapping it round will fix an issue 

• 3 months later...

Archived