Smart TV won't connect.

Every other device on my network connects just fine. Phones, printers, laptops, etc but my smart TV won't connect. The TV sees the network when searching but says it's unable to connect.

Can anyone think of any router settings that would potentially allow every other device to connect but not a smart TV?

I can't, but in reading this, it may be helpful if you give us the name of the TV or a link to it in case it has some new spec "the royal we" haven't seen.

Does it have a hard wired option?  I just hard wired mine as I never run multiple gaming systems at the same time anyways and the Wifi is fine for most of our in home needs.

Sharp LC-52LE860U

I haven't wired it due to the location. That's always the best option I know but it should at least be able to connect wirelessly.

It sees the network just has an issue actually connecting. All other devices connect fine.

Also curious isn't WPA-PSK2 the best security option? The router defaulted to WPA-PSK should I change that as well?

Had the same sort of issue , when you see the connection on your tv , is there an 'advanced' option?
If you see the advanced option , you will be able to enter the routers information manually.

Sometimes when attempting to automatically connect from smart devices ie; phones , smart tv's , touch-pads etc , it doesn't configure correctly.
Let me know how you go :)

Well I changed my security from WPA to WPA2 and it allowed it to connect. WTF that makes no sense.

Completely different types of algorithms , generally only older devices support WPA , good to hear you resolved it though!

Completely different types of algorithms , generally only older devices support WPA , good to hear you resolved it though!

Gotcha, thanks for the info weird that the router defaulted to WPA probably something they should change in the factory settings.

Archived