Geofilter Advanced Settings Question

pr0minence

• Netduma Staff

This would disable the service you are using. The playstation uses a certain set of ports so by selecting port 80 from the advanced menu this would disable the Playstation option, so if you are using the GeoFilter for playstation, it will not work.

The advanced tab is mainly for games or services which are not listed in the basic settings. Why would you want to select a port? :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks crossy

To be honest the advanced tab is for very rare use-cases. Is there any service in particular you want to filter?

Guest Netduma Fraser

I suppose this is relavant to ask here...

I'm still having quite a few issues.  If I don't select TCP/UDP for Xbox Live I get moderate nat.  If I do the geo filter doesn't work...

Thoughts?

We recommend you just use the standard Xbox Live service that we provide, it should work then :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Just to correct Fraser you should select "Xbox Live PA". Are you getting open NAT when your geo-filter is off? If so that means you NAT is open its just  false report you can safely ignore.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Just to be clear.  My router is bridged. I still have moderate NAT type.  I have open nat on xbox live, but not in game.

If you disable the Geo-filter and restart the xbox and go in game it should be open. If its open then you can reenable the Geo-filter and when moderate shows next time its just a false reading and is actually open :)

Archived