120mbps bandwidth limit

y2kmfic

Guest Netduma_Iain

After we get 1.03 out I'll look into optimisations to get beyond that. In version before 1.06 that had DPI you could get to 150mbits. So something I've done has limited it, I'm sure I'll figure it out  soon after 1.03. 

• Netduma Staff

After we get 1.03 out I'll look into optimisations to get beyond that. In version before 1.06 that had DPI you could get to 150mbits. So something I've done has limited it, I'm sure I'll figure it out  soon after 1.03. 

That would be awesome if you could get those speeds up :)

Not me.  I'm get 170/12 when connected to standard switch and 85/8 when going through the R1.  Obviously plenty fast for gaming, but I'd like to use full bw when transferring files to/from my office. 

Maybe have a "Router Only" mode that disables geo, congestion, DPI, or anything that uses CPU/clock cycles (or whatever the software complexity is) causing the bottleneck.

Guest Netduma_Iain

doyle you're getting 150mbit? Can you screenshot please :)

y2kmfic please make sure you are using the reactive algorithm in the anti-flood section because our router can definitely do above 85. Cheers!

I disabled IPV6 and it did increase, but still not close to max.  I turned off DPI, IPV6, down/up caps at 100%, reset distribution, using reactive algorithm, disabled geo for kicks.

Here are my last three tests.  The top is R1's wifi, which is expected; middle is LAN through a switch; bottom is LAN through the R1 with the above settings applied.  Still plenty fast for just about anything.

post-305-0-30507400-1424473517_thumb.png

Guest Netduma_Iain

y2kmfic I just checked your router, I don't think you've disabled IPv6(unless you've reenabled it)

You need to go to "Settings, then LAN" and disable IPV6 then click apply. Then go to "Settings, then WAN" and disable IPv6 and click apply. Try that please :)

It's currently turned off for LAN/WAN and in the misc settings.  Still getting around 90/11 mbps. 

If you're telling me that others are getting 150mbps, then I'm missing a setting somewhere.  Is there a print log you can get of the settings? 

For now, going to enable DPI, a play a bit.

TIA!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok buddy have fun, you should definately be able to get at least 120mbits. Out of it, I can check your router tomorrow whenever your ready and see why its not doing it. 

Archived