works great, just a lil help.

ccheng187

Everything is working fine but sometime im getting host outside of the geofilter with the "always allow host symbol" but i dont have anything set at my allow list.

2.Also every now and then i get 3 large circle going from big to small during the game, so how can i tell whos the host?

3.what is dormant host?

4.Can you please explain to me what is ping assist and what should i set that to?

I believe i have the right setup. I have seleted my ps4,playstation network and have geofilter enabled, running .7

thanks in advance.

• Netduma Staff

I will answer your questions in order :)

1) You might have accidentally turned Ping Assist on? If you don't know what your looking at, you could mistake the two symbols as the ping assist symbol isn't in the legend yet.

2) This might mean that you are host. Is this during the whole game or just for a few seconds in a game? If it is for whole game it is probably you that is host.

3) Dormant host is a host you have connected to in the last 2 minutes. It is part of the anti cheat feature.

4) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_ping_assist

If you want to make sure you have set everything up right, read this :)

Hope this has answered your questions :)

I forgot to mention if i set my PA to 40ms and get host outside of geofilter should i get a game of ping no higher than 40ms?

Cuz alot of time ill get 60-80 a couple 120ms.

also if i party up with a friend does that affect anything(thats if im the leading matches of course).

THanks, netduma and xim4 team you guys are doing a great job.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Cheng,

Firstly please make sure you've selected "Xbox Live PA" or "PlayStation Network PA".

The PA means if you get a circle outside your filter(it will have dotted outlien) it should have a minimum ping of below what you set. Some hosts can have a low ping then suddenly rise, for example they could be downloading their end. As long as the ping assist see's a single ping below it, it will let it through. If you don't like PA its easy to disable, just set your PA to 0ms as its impossible for a game to have 0ms ping.

When partying with friends make sure to put them in your allow list. Also if you want the geo-filter to work you should be party leader!

Hope that helps 

Archived