Speed issues

I made an earlier thread about having my isp come out because my speeds are suffering, I have 60 down 5 up. My download upload are both at 100% my devices are all equally spread out with or without share excess ticked. Isp guy blamed the netduma.

Speed test straight through modem via laptop 60 down

Speed test wired through netduma with laptop 5 down

Wifi via laptop 5 down

Wifi via iPad around 15-20

Xbox one wifi 12 down (across the house probably 60 feet)

Xbox one wired power line .13 down

Same power line via laptop .13 down

Ps4 same room as netduma jumps around both wired and wifi

I'm gonna try putting the router right next to my modem it's literally in one corner of my house so I stretch it with a 20 foot cable to get better wifi

Basically my numbers are all over the place and power lines aren't working for me except in the same room, I could have a number of issues here but even through the netduma my devices all have varying speeds nowhere near my actual top speed

Sources for flash compatable devices is speedtest.net

Consoles is speedof.me as well as built in services so both are confirming this.

Why is my laptop that is plugged into my netduma via wired connection topping out at 5megs and other devices are scoring way higher? I've also looked at my network activity and nothing is using up my resources except the device I'm testing

Just a quick update my modem and router are now connected in the shortest way possible I linked my power line to the best socket I could find I get 22mbps on my laptop but less than 10 on my ps4, same test, same wired connection. It seems like my device prioritization is all over the place like someone's constantly moving the devices around. The signal I'm getting from my adapters is orange and green meaning 75 - 100mbps maximum. If the light goes red it's under 50mbps. Also the weird thing is my upload is totally fine, in fact in a lot of the tests my upload what as good or sometimes better than my download

Hi, what firmware version are you on? If you are on 1.03.5m don't use the Device Prioritisation as it is glitched at the moment (will be fixed in the next update) so just push Reset Distribution and leave it. Can you post some screenshots of the settings and the congestion control page please.

- Tom        

• Netduma Staff

Just a quick update my modem and router are now connected in the shortest way possible I linked my power line to the best socket I could find I get 22mbps on my laptop but less than 10 on my ps4, same test, same wired connection. It seems like my device prioritization is all over the place like someone's constantly moving the devices around. The signal I'm getting from my adapters is orange and green meaning 75 - 100mbps maximum. If the light goes red it's under 50mbps. Also the weird thing is my upload is totally fine, in fact in a lot of the tests my upload what as good or sometimes better than my download

As Tom said device prioritisation doesn't work on this version.

If you connect the Netduma to your modem using the ethernet cable that came with the Netduma, then plug your laptop via ethernet into the Netduma, what speeds do you get?

Archived