Lobby Booting example.

Sgt-Greco

Hi all.

Lobby booting, is very often now :( . Here is what I mean:

matched player --> kicked, matched player --> kicked in an infinite loop.

And here is a snapshot of my settings during this video.

Untitled_1.jpg

I definitely picked a host in Istanbul or nearby. 

Anyway expanding my GF radius or disabling strict mode, solves the problem, but it's just like playing without R1. Isn't it?

Why this happens? 

• Netduma Staff

First of all, the video is private, but I know what you mean anyway. :)

It looks like you live somewhere with a lower player population. This means that it will be difficult to find hosts that are close to you. Only thing you can do is untick strict mode, or try expanding your GeoFilter just to the edge of the triangles and hopefully that means you can find a game.

you're right crossy i changed it to public. 

I can definitely find a game if i expand my radius or disable strict mode. But then, what is the point of using R1? I mean I picked a host there, didn't I? Besides I have a lot of friends in my friend list and in my region playing AW as we speak. Where are they? How do you define "populated"? One in  million, one in ten million?

• Netduma Staff

you're right crossy i changed it to public. 

I can definitely find a game if i expand my radius or disable strict mode. But then, what is the point of using R1? I mean I picked a host there, didn't I? Besides I have a lot of friends in my friend list and in my region playing AW as we speak. Where are they? How do you define "populated"? One in  million, one in ten million?

They will only show up on the GeoFilter if you try to connect to them. If the matchmaking system, doesn't ry and connect them to you, then you won't see them on the GeoFilter.

I suppose I would define populated as what was on the GeoFilter. You could clearly see that the player base was low in that area, and further west, there where a lot more players :)

What is the ping to the hosts when you expand the GeoFilter? You could also try disabling strict mode and keeping the GeoFilter at the normal range. This should stop the lobby booting.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Greco,

If you get booted please look for a padlock. That is where the game wants to put you, most likely it will be the nearest dedicated server. You may want to go to "Settings > Cloud" and just click apply. That will flush out the latest cloud.

The goal is to filter by distance, if you don't you may find games way further for example USA, Canada, South America, etc. You don't have the power to say I want it next door, if it isn't populated enough there is nothing you can do about that. But you can make it as near as possible.

Iain.  The nearest available padlock is usually 1800 km away (approx). Expanding the GF range to cover this padlock is pointless (I think). Unplugging my R1 would do the same.

I had games within a 900 km radius and it was like playing in "God Mode". It was absolutely amazing. I'm not living in the most gaming populated area. I admit that. I have a feeling though, that whatever you guys are doing, has great potential. 

Settings --> Cloud and apply was a good tip. Didn't know that. 

BTW my K/D ratio is rising  :) . But humans are greedy creatures, you know that ...

Guest Netduma_Iain

1800km is not that far in terms of the Internet, many Brits play with 1200km and get 20ms. I suggest you move your home. So that the edge of the circle hits Greece. Your circle is a bit wasted in Greece as there are probably not many people to the north/east of it.

Archived