Issue with ExpressVPN

My R1 arrived yesterday and all the features work amazingly, great bit of kit. I decided to go with ExpressVPN but i am having issues with it. I cut and paste all the supplied code into the "config"field and it works but it annihilates my bandwidth when its enabled (400+ ping with dial up speeds). If i disable the VPN the bandwidth is back to what i pay for (25 down 2.5 up). Am i doing something wrong here?? I have spoken to ExpressVPN's support over chat but they are not familiar with the R1 and cannot provide any support.

On another note, i noticed that on the fast setup VPN only has "Hide My Ass" is listed as a provider, is that the preferred provider for the R1?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers 

Cheers for the info guys. The closet server i could get was in Egypt (I'm in Bahrain) and was no better than the various UK servers that EVPN provide. I have cancelled that subscription and will be looking elsewhere. Its a shame really as the support from EVPN was very good. Do you have any recommendations for VPN based on my location?? Ideally i do want a service with UK servers available. 

Cheers 

Ok, so i tried PureVPN and i am having the exact same problem i was having with Express VPN. Please see the below links....

With VPN enabled 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4832708975

With VPN disabled

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4832717878

Running with Pure VPN (using their software, not through NetDuma's VPN feature)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4832723660

On the last test the ping is still far from great which isnt really an issue as i wont be running my PS4 through the VPN anyway but the up and down numbers are still pretty decent.

If there is any advice you can give that would be marvelous as i would really like to utilise the VPN feature on my NetDuma but the speeds i am achieving, well, i had better internet in my dial up days if the truth be told. I'm sure its me doing something wrong so any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally!!!! ExpressVPN failed, although they did there level best to help they could not get decent speeds and, a big plus, refunded my subscription costs. PureVPN, utter shite, offered no help whatsoever and are being dicks about the refund, DO NOT touch them with a bargepole!!! Signed up for AirVPN, cut and pasted the ready made script and BOOM, VPN is up and running on the Duma. Definitely check them out if you are having issues with your supplier. I think Crossy & Co will be happy that I wont be moaning about VPN, for a while at least  :)

• Netduma Staff

Finally!!!! ExpressVPN failed, although they did there level best to help they could not get decent speeds and, a big plus, refunded my subscription costs. PureVPN, utter shite, offered no help whatsoever and are being dicks about the refund, DO NOT touch them with a bargepole!!! Signed up for AirVPN, cut and pasted the ready made script and BOOM, VPN is up and running on the Duma. Definitely check them out if you are having issues with your supplier. I think Crossy & Co will be happy that I wont be moaning about VPN, for a while at least  :)

Awesome :D As this is sorted I'll close the thread. Feel free to make another one if you have any more questions.

Archived