NetDuma won't Connect to the Internet

Hey Guys,

Long time, no see. 

Made a bit of a change to my setup, and now I can't get my NetDuma to connect to anything.

Some background to hopefully help:

I have a fibreop connection with a company called Bell Aliant. Aliant also does my TV, which requires a portion of my bandwidth, and is taken through a regular TV cable. As such, I was never able to connect the NetDuma directly to my modem (because the NetDuma doesn't have the TV Cable output). So, for a while now I've been basically using my Aliant router only for the TV portion, and the NetDuma for the rest.

However, I no longer have TV (watch Netflix mostly) and so, I've finally been able to rid myself of the damn Aliant router. Or so I thought. As soon as I plugged my modem directly into the NetDuma, it wasn't able to find the internet on any connected devices. Wifi-enabled devices can find the NetDuma, and "connect" - but they can't actually load up any websites.

I re-followed the setup, and restored my NetDuma to factory conditions, still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sn0

• Netduma Staff

Ok, can you try this:

1. Unplug modem and Netduma.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Connect power to modem.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Connect power to Netduma.
  6. Wait 30 seconds.
  7. See if you can access internet - if you can't is there a number after 'WAN IP'?

• Netduma Staff

OK, did that, and still nothing next to WAN IP.

Oh and I can't access the internet

What is the make of your modem? You could try going to Settings >> WAN and enabling PPoE. Enter your lines username and password there and see if that works :)

• Netduma Staff

No, not really. Just administrative user name aND pw. Tried that, and didn't do anything. Sorry.

This says that you need to clone your default router's MAC Address and change the VLAN to 35.

To do this on the Netduma go to Settings >> WAN and change the VLAN tag to 35. Then enter your default router's MAC into the MAC address cloning. Reboot the Netduma from Settings >> Miscellaneous and also make sure you've removed the PPoE settings. If you don't have an internet connection still try the steps that I initially gave to you :)

• Netduma Staff

thanks Crossy - that worked! 

I'm still having speed issues though. I'm supposed to get 300/150, but only seeing roughly 50/50. Any tips for that?

Thanks again for all your help.

See if these instructions increase your speeds :)

You won't be able to get more than 120Mbps on the Netduma at the moment but in an upcoming update this bandwidth limitation will be lifted :)

No problem!

• Netduma Staff

HAHA victory!

4793261574.png

Thanks a ton Crossy, so helpful and fast - any idea when the hardware update will up the speeds?

Nice!! No problem :D No official release date but it is in beta at the moment. It will be sooner rather than later I would've thought :)

Archived