problems with billion 7800VDPX > R1 connectivity

• Netduma Staff

quite confused right now, i cannot find the WAN IP on the R1, device manager > "WAN IP: blank", and on the settings > WAN page the WAN IP is disabled and when i click enable i cannot modify the fields

If there is no IP under the WAN page it means that the billion is not assigning the R1 an IP. Have you tried restarting the billion? Try following the instructions in the start up guide that came with the R1. Basically, turn both off, turn on the R1 and then turn on the billion. (I will quickly make sure that is correct). Make sure you re-fresh incase I edit cause it might be the other way round.) :)

EDIT:

Yes, it is other way round. Power up the billion then power up the R1. Doubt it would make a difference tbh though :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

quite confused right now, i cannot find the WAN IP on the R1, device manager > "WAN IP: blank", and on the settings > WAN page the WAN IP is disabled and when i click enable i cannot modify the fields

If there is no IP under the WAN page it means that the billion is not assigning the R1 an IP. Have you tried restarting the billion? Try following the instructions in the start up guide that came with the R1. Basically, turn both off, turn on the R1 and then turn on the billion. (I will quickly make sure that is correct). Make sure you re-fresh incase I edit cause it might be the other way round.) :)

If what crossy suggested doesnt work, I seem to recall a bug with that and Iain may have had to fix it personally. He will be back tomorrow and can help then :)

This is what screen it goes to when i click on the "ADD" button below host label

981425d9ed.png

When i have DHCP disabled these are the remaining options

6f50791623.png

some extra help with navigating both control panels would help thanks, I need to know exactly what fields i need to change

• Netduma Staff

Keep DHCP enabled. Use these settings:

HOST LABEL: Netduma

MAC ADDRESS: Use the mac address on the bottom of your R1. Alternatively, go to WAN settings, click the enable box, copy the mac address form

there and then change it back to disabled and paste it in this parameter.

IP: 192.168.1.10

• Netduma Staff

ok so i have changed PPPoE to bridging mode and now i have access to the internet through the R1 for now, thanks, I will keep using it this way at least until the bug has been fixed

Great! If you need any more help then just ask :)

errr, i cannot connect to the billion control panel, I still have internet access through the R1, any ideas? has the IP address (192.168.1.254) changed? should i reboot the billion even though I'm scared to in case it stops working again hah

• Netduma Staff

errr, i cannot connect to the billion control panel, I still have internet access through the R1, any ideas? has the IP address (192.168.1.254) changed? should i reboot the billion even though I'm scared to in case it stops working again hah

Try connecting via Ethernet to the billion. I do not use PPoE. Maybe someone with PPoE could advise whether this is normal when you have your router in bridge mode? I am almost certain though that if you connect via Ethernet you will be able to access the Billion dashboard.

this is normal when you use bridge mode with pppoe

Archived