Table port view mixed up

Guest Killhippie

Guest Killhippie

Thanks to xr500user for pointing this out. I have a later revision XR500 with port numbering the right way round, yet in Table view its telling me my iMac is plugged into LAN port 4, which it clearly isn't its LAN port 1 labelled as LAN 1 nearest the WAN port on the back. This only shows up if you are not using all your ports on the router it would appear, Oddly enough though it shows as LAN port 1 in the Netgear's connection statistics though. The concern here is will DumaOS apply QoS rules to the wrong LAN port? Surely Netgears port table and DumaOS's should be the same?

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

Thanks to xr500user for pointing this out. I have a later revision XR500 with port numbering the right way round, yet in Table view its telling me my iMac is plugged into LAN port 4, which it clearly isn't its LAN port 1 labelled as LAN 1 nearest the WAN port on the back. This only shows up if you are not using all your ports on the router it would appear, Oddly enough though it shows as LAN port 1 in the Netgear's connection statistics though. The concern here is will DumaOS apply QoS rules to the wrong LAN port? Surely Netgears port table and DumaOS's should be the same?

Interesting find; I'm going to pass this straight to a developer to check out. Could be a one off but you never know.

I'd have thought with all the testing you've done yourself (and indeed, the rigorous testing Netgear and ourselves run on these routers) that QoS is functioning just fine despite this mis-labelling. We'll look into it and get back to you :)

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Interesting find; I'm going to pass this straight to a developer to check out. Could be a one off but you never know.

I'd have thought with all the testing you've done yourself (and indeed, the rigorous testing Netgear and ourselves run on these routers) that QoS is functioning just fine despite this mis-labelling. We'll look into it and get back to you :)

It could be just cosmetic it should show the correct port even if it is just a cosmetic issue. though. Thanks for looking into this, Jack.  :)     

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

It could be just cosmetic it should show the correct port even if it is just a cosmetic issue. though. Thanks for looking into this, Jack.  :)     

Exactly yeh, I'm not saying it's normal behaviour - it definitely shouldn't be happening. Just sayin' I don't think it should be causing issues which will affect day-to-day performance / major stuff. Really appreciate the work you and XR500user have gone into with this, thanks Killhippie :)