Parental Controls

Hi, So I have read through some of the parental controls posts and it looks like there are no plans for an enhancement. The thing is I like this router but need parental controls more advanced than what it is now (filtering based on device, time schedule based on device, device groupings to profile, etc).  With that being said alot of the "add ons" parental control devices don't work with xr500.. Disney Circle, Router Limits, etc so I am kind of left in a hard place. Anyone know of an option?

• Administrators

Hi Yoda - there may be options in this space in the future within DumaOS so it’s good to know you are interested.

But for now you would need to look elsewhere. You mentioned Circle - their hub connects into your router and is compatible with the XR500 (I think).  There are other options like this as well. 

Based on Circle's website it doesn't say it is compatible. You have to make all kinds of changes like disabling 5G and LAN connections.. That is not going to work.. I looked into some of those other options as well but none seem compatible. This is my struggle - I can not find an option.

• Administrators

Apologies if I’m wrong on Circle. It might be worth contacting them directly to see if they are compatible as I couldn’t see anything on their website. 

Circle is also available as a paid upgrade on the Netgear R7000 Router, so you could add that to your network. It obviously comes at a price though.