GTA Geo-Filter don't appear to be working

Hi,

I am in the UK on Virgin Media playing GTA V Online on Xbox One and PC and neither seem to be working with the Geo-Filter when it on.

I have my circle at 350 miles over the UK and it appears there is a rockstar server in the UK, however it still connect to people out side of the area set.

• Netduma Staff

Hi,

I am in the UK on Virgin Media playing GTA V Online on Xbox One and PC and neither seem to be working with the Geo-Filter when it on.

I have my circle at 350 miles over the UK and it appears there is a rockstar server in the UK, however it still connect to people out side of the area set.

Hi - couple of things to check. So with your PC you'll want to add that to the Geo-Filter with the 'Xbox Live' service. This is just to ensure it's using the correct ports (and can function with the Geo-Filter properly).

With Strict Mode on, Ping Assist at 0ms and your radius at 350, do you still connect to servers outside the radius?

Bear in mind what you're seeing outside the radius could be other players rather than hosts / servers. You can tell which is the host because it will be the largest circle on the map.