mcl

mcl

Brief intro:  Expecting my R1 to be delivered today.  Long-time gamer (I'm 46 and have been gaming since I was 10), competitive powerlifter, ex-military, motorcycle and firearms enthusiast.  I work in computer security for various government agencies.  I'm interested not only in getting rid of my CoD lag but seeing how this MicroTik router stacks up, security-wise.

• Administrators

Hi Mcl,

Welcome to our forums, with those interests I think you'll have a lot in common with many users here. Please do let me know your findings :)

Hi Mcl,

Welcome to our forums, with those interests I think you'll have a lot in common with many users here. Please do let me know your findings :)

Thanks Iain, and thanks for making such an outstanding product!  Hopefully it'll arrive today; tracking claims it will, but also claims it's about 300 miles from my door at the moment, so I'm dubious. :)  Once I get it set up and get over the initial shock of actually being able to consistently kill people, I'll run a few tests against it and let you know the results privately.  MicroTik is a fairly common product found in association with a lot of SCADA equipment, so it tends to get a bit of scrutiny.

• Administrators

Hi Mcl,

Awesome! I hope you have a great time. Just to let you know we don't use any of MikroTiks software we use OpenWRT with our software on top of it as well. So hopefully OpenWRT is doing a great job at the secrutiy aspect of it.

I know Zennon & Akic share interests in security as well so I'm sure they will chime in. 

Best,

Iain

Archived