Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Virtual Servers and Geo Filter?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

eXitus

eXitus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:06 AM

Hi!

I am considering buying a netduma router.

So far I am using a regular TP Link router, which also allows me to acces certains ports from external.

So for example:

port: 1234 (servive port) -> internal port 5678 -> used on a static ip for a device.

So no I can access from external with myip:1234 the internal device.

Would this also be possible on the netduma or do I need to setup it like?

netduma (port forwarding) port: 1234 -> setup the WAN from the tp link router to a static ip -> etc.

Geofilter:

I unterstand that the yellow circles are deticated servers. How would it look like if you are connect to a regular host and does it even show if you are the host itself?

Thanks in advance.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,525 posts
  • Local time: 06:06 AM

Welcome to the forum! You can't explicitly specify internal / external ports using the Netduma, so you would do the method you suggested

You won't see those yellow circles - that was a feature of Admin Mode which only a few select users have. Rather, you'll know when the icon is a dedicated server because there will be an option to 'temp ban' the server below the Geo-filter map. If you are the host, every icon on the map will appear large and roughly the same size.

Please let us know if you have any questions :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

eXitus

eXitus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:06 AM

Thanks for answer Jack.

Everythings answered now.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,525 posts
  • Local time: 06:06 AM

Thanks for answer Jack.

Everythings answered now.

Great! Please let us know if you have any more questions in another thread. I'll now lock this thread. :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users