Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Netduma No Internet Access

Internet Help

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 PM

Hi I've been having problems with my netduma since yesterday. The problem I'm having is that i lose internet access to my netduma but not to my Home Hub 6 ( Main Router). Once I start having this problem the only way that I've found to fix it is to pull the plug and it will start doing it again after a hour or two, When this happens i cant access the router settings on my netduma or home hub. I have factory rest both of the routers and still nothing, I have also unplugged both of them and it did not fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,904 posts

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Please can you use a different ethernet cable to connect the hub to the Duma and see if the issue persists.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Sorry I took so long to reply. I done that and it didn't work.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,904 posts

Have you input the PPPoE user/pass in the Duma's settings? I'm assuming you need this as you're on BT.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

No I haven't I've had this router for months now and I've never needed to. How would I find PPPoE info and where would I put it? 

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

I've put the PPPoE info in and I lose my internet straight away.

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

I used a spare home hub 5 that I have used with the netduma before and I'm still having this problem.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,904 posts

When you lose internet access on the Duma does it occur on ALL devices or just the one you're using at the time? Is it just WiFi/ethernet or both that cut out?

Technical support:

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
When I lose my internet connection everything on the netduma will have no access to internet or the netduma settings. I've had this netduma for months and I haven't had a single issue until now. I had to swap the netduma with one of my older home hubs so that I've got internet upstairs.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,904 posts

With just the Netduma connected to power and port 1 connected to your hub - on the hub can you see the netduma as an attached device?

Technical support:

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
Yeah the netduma shows up

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,904 posts

Very strange that it'll only work for a few hours after a reboot. Can you factory reset from miscellaneous settings then set a static IP for the Netduma on the BT hub. Don't change anything else on the duma and just use it for internet like a normal router and see if it happens again please. 

Technical support:

EthanJones_99

EthanJones_99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Thank you it's working now 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,904 posts

Thank you it's working now 

Great to hear that, try changing the usual settings and see if it continues to work.

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users