Deny and Allow explained???

Could somone explain the allow and deny feature under the geo filter. I select a server and click update after giving a name and quality but I don't see anything other than the red and blue color bars under allow and deny heading. Where did the server go that I just updated? There a list or something??? Any help would be great!!!

Once you update a server it will appear in either the allow / deny curtain as a dot.

Once updated the server will be a dot, click on a dot and the name you have given will be displayed. If you can't update a given server then it is because it is a dedicated server and you are not allowed to block / rate them

• Netduma Staff

That makes sense. How about sliding the curtain, what does that do???

That just changes at what point the host is blacklisted or whitelisted. By enlarging one if the areas, it means that any hosts in that area will be whitelisted/blacklisted. Does that make sense? :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

So if I have curtains set to 25% deny and 25% allow, how does the router treat a previously rated host that sits in the 50% black area?

It does nothing. It doesnt block or deny it. You could potentially use it to 'save' hosts as they would be named but theres no other effect of doing it.

Archived