Thinking of a Scuf?? Scuf Gaming Ps4 Pro Controller Unboxing/Review

MrTrakky

So Guys after the great debate and input from you all I decided on a Scuf and thought I'd give you a little unboxing video it turns out this is a revised version of the Original Scuf 4ps this is the PRO version which has a new design of the paddles so so comfortable!!!!!

Ok so now I'm pissed! You make me so envious... I have a Cinch for my XBox1 and PS4 - love the one for the XB and hate the PS4. I have very small and arthritic hands so I thought I would not be able to work the paddles comfortably, so went Cinch. I had a chance to play with the Elite - didn't like it but it proved to me that I could reach the paddles. Now that I have seen yours I am pretty sure that I will order a Scuf. Next week some of us will be an LanFest and do a lot of gaming for charity and I hope I can try someone's Scuf - it is a lot of money if I make a bad decision!

Looking forward to your report after you use it for a while.  I have seen many "unboxings" but they never seem to come back and say "... OK guys I have been using this for a couple of weeks and here is my update". 

Nice looking hardware!

PS Nice to see the followers growing.

Ok so now I'm pissed! You make me so envious... I have a Cinch for my XBox1 and PS4 - love the one for the XB and hate the PS4. I have very small and arthritic hands so I thought I would not be able to work the paddles comfortably, so went Cinch. I had a chance to play with the Elite - didn't like it but it proved to me that I could reach the paddles. Now that I have seen yours I am pretty sure that I will order a Scuf. Next week some of us will be an LanFest and do a lot of gaming for charity and I hope I can try someone's Scuf - it is a lot of money if I make a bad decision!

Looking forward to your report after you use it for a while.  I have seen many "unboxings" but they never seem to come back and say "... OK guys I have been using this for a couple of weeks and here is my update". 

Nice looking hardware!

PS Nice to see the followers growing.

The reviews I've saw have been a little... well miss leading as they all seem to be on the old style pad where the paddle bend under I saw the comparison on Driftor's channel and was very happy to realise I have the new version they are very comfortable. I will defo be doing an update video 

Don't forget I'm giving one away when I hit subs mate and that's not far away at all  

The real test will be to see how long they last.   I have two Scuf PS4 controllers.   The first had the older paddles and second has the newer pro paddles.  The Pro Paddles are definitely better.   On the first controller the X paddle only lasted about 4 months, which I partially blame on COD AW because of the constant jumping.  The second controller started having problems after six months (partial COD AW and BO3).  It still works, but the X paddle button does not click any more.   Any slight movement will it to jump or select.  

The real test will be to see how long they last.   I have two Scuf PS4 controllers.   The first had the older paddles and second has the newer pro paddles.  The Pro Paddles are definitely better.   On the first controller the X paddle only lasted about 4 months, which I partially blame on COD AW because of the constant jumping.  The second controller started having problems after six months (partial COD AW and BO3).  It still works, but the X paddle button does not click any more.   Any slight movement will it to jump or select.  

Fingers crossed it'll last mate 

How u finding the paddles ? Weird at first but get used to them fast I find

Getting used to the left analogue being higher more than anything the paddles are awesome performing 180 jumpshots is a doddle 

Getting used to the left analogue being higher more than anything the paddles are awesome performing 180 jumpshots is a doddle 

what made you choose higher on the left? used to have kontrol freaks on both my sticks on the 360 untill i realised it didnt really help and hurt my thumb lol

what made you choose higher on the left? used to have kontrol freaks on both my sticks on the 360 untill i realised it didnt really help and hurt my thumb lol

I thought it would be better for my dodgy thumb lol but I swore by my kontrol freeks that why I went for medium sticks 

So I have a scuf for my ps4 and a older 2 paddle for my X1. I've been using the elite since it came out but all this talk over Scuf peaked my interest again. So I went online a purchased a 4 paddle with emr and all the interchangeable parts, thumbsticks and grips. I went to school at LSU so I designed my own in my school colors, puple and gold. I ordered it on Thursday and it came in Monday. Amazing build and shipping time. Almost netduma-esk one would say.  Opening the box was like opening a Christmas box, awesome. The colors were perfect, it was beautiful. I posted a twitter pic thanking them for the quick turn around. Taking it out of the box it did not have the same feel as the Elite, almost toy like. Very plastic and not sturdy feeling. In playing with it a little the added click on the paddle was more challenging then I remember. Everyone complains that the elite paddles are too easy to press, these were the opposite for me. Lots of tiny little parts with keys and magnets and rings, not user friendly- see Elite. And it was fu**ing broken right out of the box. The down d pad is unresponsive most of the time, wtf !! Yes I hardly use the down d pad but for 250 bucks I would hope that it would be perfect. Ordered Thursday, received Monday shipped back Thursday for refund. Disappointed to say the least.

On a good note I am enjoying your channel @mrtrakky !!

Archived