Complicated German Telekom VDSL2 setup

Hi,

I have trouble setting up the Netduma. 

I have a ALLNET all126 modem that cant dial into T-online. Then comes a switch that adds the ID VLAN Tag 7 without it you would need to use the few routers that are given from Telekom. Then there is the Asus AC68U  router running Tomato.  

Now I would like to replace the Asus with the Netduma but it can not dial into an ISP over a modem via PPPOE?

Also if I would keep the Asus, which device would do the DHCP? The actual network is on 192.168.1.x and I cant seem to change the IP of the Netduma to this it always stays on 88.x even if I set it or is the 88.x the wifi address?

So please help me setup this.

Thanks!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Roads,

We actually have a patch that will come out very soon that will implement pppoe. So you have a few choices:

1. You can wait till the patch is out (we're talking either Today or end of the week )
  2. I can manually add pppoe for you in the meantime till the patch is out
  3. You can go through the asus in the meantime

Please let me know what you would prefer, and I'll advise you appropriately.

Thanks,

Iain 

Thanks for the PPPOE. I doubt the Netduma can manage to add a VLAN tag. It would be beautiful a I could drop the Procurve switch to add and remove the tag from each packet. I have horribly lot of devices hanging on the wall just for the net connection.

I will wait for the patch but I would be interested on how to make the Netduma work with the Asus Tomato.

This is what the Procurve switch has to manage to make the router behind it work:

*** Port 7 (Laptop):

VLAN Aware Enabled: False
Ingress Filtering Enabled: False
Packet Type: All
PVID: 7

*** Port 8 (HS300)
VLAN Aware Enabled: True
Ingress Filtering Enabled: False
Packet Type: Tagged Only
PVID: 7

Guest Netduma_Iain

I've just added VLAN tagging. I can't really test it though, whenever you're available I can send you a patch and see if it works :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'll have to run you through how to upgrade. Its probably best I'm available when you upgrade so I can assist. When would be the best time for you? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm just on a support call at the moment. I think I'll run some tests on built version then send you it. Are you available this evening? 

thanks for going through all of this already roads, im in the same boat as you with the german telekom and VDSL :)

since i didnt make it into the latest batch i cannot give any worthfull help, but id love to see you giving some impressions on how well it works out once stuff is figured out

lets hope the next batch will be in stock soon :)

Hi Od1n. I will test it with W11ce who is coming over again in January. You hesitated :D

yeah and im super mad i hesitated, it was in stock almost one full day :)

but all those telekom issues made me not click the purchase button, but now it all seems to be solved!

great support by Netduma, you guys really are a lot like XIM :)

currently finishing my masters thesis, cannot promise to have time on several days in janurary, but i surely can separate at least one day for you two ;)

yeah and im super mad i hesitated, it was in stock almost one full day :)

but all those telekom issues made me not click the purchase button, but now it all seems to be solved!

great support by Netduma, you guys really are a lot like XIM :)

currently finishing my masters thesis, cannot promise to have time on several days in janurary, but i surely can separate at least one day for you two ;)

Od1n! welcome captain

@roads...we have money we buy things we want not need...:)

Archived