NetDuma Works Great With Sky Fibre

Just letting people know that im on Sky Fibre and had a fancy Asus router/modem working with the Duma, all worked fine but i was getting stuck on Interleaved so pings were in the 30's. Today i returned the £180 Asus, which pleased my wife :) and got my money back because it was just not running ok with Sky and their MER. So today i hooked the black SR-102 up with the Duma and its running fine so if anyone has Sky Fibre and wondered if the Duma would work the answer is YES :), now i should get back on fastpath once DLM stops and grt back my usual 8-9 pings.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Just letting people know that im on Sky Fibre and had a fancy Asus router/modem working with the Duma, all worked fine but i was getting stuck on Interleaved so pings were in the 30's. Today i returned the £180 Asus, which pleased my wife :) and got my money back because it was just not running ok with Sky and their MER. So today i hooked the black SR-102 up with the Duma and its running fine so if anyone has Sky Fibre and wondered if the Duma would work the answer is YES :), now i should get back on fastpath once DLM stops and grt back my usual 8-9 pings.

Fantastic man, thanks for posting and letting people know :)

Just be aware if you werent already, fastpath while lowering ping ( although this is mostly the part in the first few hops) can also increase packet loss which from a gaming point of view is way worse than the small increase in ping having interleaving on causes.

Raddy I was about to go and buy the Asus router after reading one of your last posts . Thank god I didn't , her indoors would not have been impressed !

Yes there are some problems with the modem side of things and sky, it just dont settle right. I lost over 8mbps and was on constant interleaved, also lots of CRC errors. I am hopeing now that i have the SR-102 back on it settles down and returns to normal.

Rumour has it sky will be more flexible soon

And may change from MER , they lose business because people want to use there own equipment .

It would be nice but all they really need to do as a quick fix is allow modem mode on the router.  Virgin did it with their superhub, will make a lot of people very happy very quickly

Archived