I've just replied to the Geo-filter (Profiles) post, and it gave me the same idea for congestion control.

I mainly play COD AW on my PS4, and since having my router I've not changed my congestion control settings too much (other than when the misses was complaining her iPhone had no internet ;) ). Since then I have updated the settings and not changed them much.

I think it would be great to have different settings saved within different profiles, of which have editable names. Being able to quickly switch between giving my PS4 max internet, and my PS3, PC or being able to have a setting for when I'm out (so the misses can have some decent internet) would be great!

The misses is even less technical than myself, so giving her a button she can click for her profile for when I'm out (so she's not messing up my settings) would be ideal! Just a suggestion! :)

Guest Netduma Luke

This is a really good idea - oddly something similar popped into my head the other day that we should have pre-saved settings depending on the type of user e.g. low bandwidth house, student house, living alone etc.

This would work really well / even better if you could save down your settings so thanks!

I believe there is an app on the way? Maybe a good feature would include a 'Suggested Settings' calculator! This could be done for both Geo-filter & Congestion control. People could input their upload/download, the amount (and type) of devices connected - eg. Console/PC/Mobile phone. Then select which device they would like to prioritise, and the app give out 'RECOMMENDED' settings!

If it would be possible, this setting could then be transferred to the router and saved as a custom setting, under 'Custom setting 1', or a 'named' profile.

Maybe introduce a 3 profile system, for custom settings, then make more available later on (at a cost). Haha, only kidding! :)

No probs!

If I was having more issues with my router, or a need for more features, then I might be able to come up with more innovative ideas! As it is though, you guys have developed an amazing product straight out of the box! ;)

Not sure if anyone else has suggested different profiles for the Geo-filter attached to a spercific device? Being able to 'enable' a particular device would automatically select the geo-filter settings for that device! If more than one device is selected, the maximum range/ping assist is applied to both devices - as I'm assuming it wouldn't be possible to give each device completely seperate settings? ...Just a thought! :)

Archived