Cannot see my R1 to connect to it

Hi,

Got a very strange set of issues happen tonight,

1. This evening i cannot see the R1 in any device to connect via wireless

2. I have tried to access the Browser screen through 192.168.88.1 and /r1 and both come up with "The webpage is not available"

3. If I take the netduma out of the equation and just connect through my homehub it works fine.

Is there a way of doing some kind of reset of the router as I may of changed a setting last night and caused this?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Are you on the .7 upgrade? If so push the pin in the back of the router to reset it. Then if you have an ethernet cable, plug that into the back of the R1 and into a PC. Then try going to the R1 control panel and going to settings - WiFi and change your password. See if it then becomes available to see :)

Without checking the page I wouldn't know which version I was on. I have tried doing that and it is still not letting me access the browser page, it actually doesn't let me access the internet at all through the wired connection. I have to keep replugging the pc back into my homehub to access the internet

Guest Netduma Fraser

Without checking the page I wouldn't know which version I was on. I have tried doing that and it is still not letting me access the browser page, it actually doesn't let me access the internet at all through the wired connection. I have to keep replugging the pc back into my homehub to access the internet

Okay, have you upgraded your R1 since you've had it? Do you remember what you setting you might have changed last night?

Guest Netduma Fraser

No i have not tried to upgrade it since I bought it, I was looking at the wireless settings because it wasn't letting some devices to connect so I changed the channel and I think I changed the ip address of either my xbox one or the PS4 my brother uses

Okay can you try following the instructions from this link please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_routerand if thats successful, then change your wireless password :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Awesome ok, I can now access the page and the internet, Duma officially unbricked lol! Thank you now do you suggest I do the upgrade??

Fantastic, is it all setup now then with your devices attached? If your physical setup is all sorted and youve still got internet and can access the control panel then yes I think you should upgrade :) Follow this link for instructions on how to do that http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update:)

Fantastic, is it all setup now then with your devices attached? If your physical setup is all sorted and youve still got internet and can access the control panel then yes I think you should upgrade :) Follow this link for instructions on how to do that http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update :)

Update has been successful, I cannot thank you enough for this! :D 

Archived