Turbo Mode and Virgin Media 200mbs update not working together?

I updated to .05, followed all the instructions and then clicked to get my 200mbs download update from virgin, it had a 48hour activation wait period, everything worked fine until today. Constantly booted from Destiny using settings that usually work fine, poor connection, booted from matches 2/3 complete on Halo 5 due to connection issues with geo filter disabled. Checked the (unreliable, I know) xbox one connection multiplayer speed test (like how you do to open the NAT) and was getting consistently no higher than 20mbs down and no higher than 1mb up? I reset my router, re-opened the NAT went through everything again...no improvement. Searched the forums, no advice seemed to help.

Plugging my one into the virgin media router directly (as no longer in modem mode after the reset) I go 90down and 11up. Turned of the console, checked this a few times, always 90 down and 11 up through the superhub but below 20down and 1 up through the netduma.

Found one thread suggesting a similar issue through PS4 was solved by checking the super turbo mode as this appeared to be problem related to congestion control. Did this and was getting 130mb down and 11up through the netduma. After a few checks of this I'm consistently now seeing 100+mb down and 11+up through the netduma.

Not too sure what the issue was but I'm keeping super turbo mode checked for now. Hope this information helps with anyone struggling with their speeds and helps the netduma guys find and fix any issues.

Not been booted from halo 5 since and some of the lag I started getting recently appears to have settled.

Not been back on Destiny yet but it seems this is a decent temporary fix. The geo filter and slow speed pinned thread(unless updates since) didn't help.

I'm keeping the superhub on router mode now too. Not sure what the benefits of putting it in modem mode are?

Archived