IP / MAC address grouping.

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to group ip address and mac address together a lot of motherboards come with multiple LAN ports and WIFI.  Even a standard laptop has 2 mac address some can have more.  It would be good to group them together under a common name so then in Congestion Control and device prioritisation you can limit or prioritise that common name so it doesn't matter if you have your laptop plugged into a lan port or its over WIFI it will still fall under the same rule.  Same with a PC with 2 LAN port's.

Also a quick question with device prioritisation is the rule set only valid under full load?  So if i give xbox 60% and other devices are at 10% will the other devices only be at 10% if the xbox is at maximum bandwidth of the connection otherwise if the xbox is off will the other devices be able to use a 100% if there is no competition?

Cheers

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to group ip address and mac address together a lot of motherboards come with multiple LAN ports and WIFI.  Even a standard laptop has 2 mac address some can have more.  It would be good to group them together under a common name so then in Congestion Control and device prioritisation you can limit or prioritise that common name so it doesn't matter if you have your laptop plugged into a lan port or its over WIFI it will still fall under the same rule.  Same with a PC with 2 LAN port's.

Also a quick question with device prioritisation is the rule set only valid under full load?  So if i give xbox 60% and other devices are at 10% will the other devices only be at 10% if the xbox is at maximum bandwidth of the connection otherwise if the xbox is off will the other devices be able to use a 100% if there is no competition?

Cheers

First paragraph I'll let the Netduma guys come back to.

For device prioritisation, it is only on the upload part of the connection first of all. Secondly the 'share excess' controls how the devices behave. With it ticked then any device can use as much as required if there is excess on the connection (but a device with a large priority gets its call on it its maximum at anytime if required). If it is unticked then the device will only ever get the percentage you set. 

Hope that helps.

Archived