External Firewall and the R1

As of late Black Ops 3 has been unplayable, the lag is overwhelming and I've stopped playing until I find a solution. My issue is that I keep connecting to the same server farm in the central US. I believe that this is the only server farm being used for Hardcore Search and Destroy during non peak hours as I connect to plenty of others during peak hours. I typically play around 6am-10am CST as I work nights currently and ironically I live in the central US.  

I've done a fair bit of troubleshooting and I've managed to configure my R1 to where I will not connect to the dedi farm in the central US but I will not find a game. I've tried setting my home all over the US and I will not find a match unless I include the central most dedi farm. I've also had success with connecting my Xbox One via network bridge with my PC and using a firewall to block the entire IP range for that same dedi farm. The only issue there is that I lag anyway due to the bridged connection. I believe my only solution is to place an external firewall in my network to block that dedi farm. Would my R1 still function well enough to find me quality p2p games?

Also, I'm under the impression that Black Ops 3 uses listen servers to connect people that are outside of a desired range to connect directly. Is that true? If it is that would explain why the game is so laggy as listen servers use residential networks.

Archived