netduma no wifi

stewslash

Well i woke up this morning went to fire up the xbox and went on my computer to fiddle with the r1 only to find i can't connect to it .

Ive plugged my sons laptop into the r1 and wifi is enabled and done side by side speed tests,  but speeds and ping are much worse than when wired to my virgin superhub , also the wifi light is not flashing and the r1 

any ideas? I've reset it using the button at the back of the router still no dice! 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Well i woke up this morning went to fire up the xbox and went on my computer to fiddle with the r1 only to find i can't connect to it .

Ive plugged my sons laptop into the r1 and wifi is enabled and done side by side speed tests,  but speeds and ping are much worse than when wired to my virgin superhub , also the wifi light is not flashing and the r1 

any ideas? I've reset it using the button at the back of the router still no dice! 

Does the R1 show up as a WiFi connection? 

What are the wired speeds with the virgin superhub and what are you getting with the R1 wired?

The WiFi not flashing means theres no activity as no one is connected.

The reset button doesnt work however, in our latest upgrade we have a factory reset button. Whats your current version? You can find it by scrolling to the bottom of any page on the R1 :)

no its not showing up on my mac and phone

wired speeds today are superhub 107 down 6 up , r1 78 down 4 up with congestion set to 100% 

i am on th .7 so i will try reset  using the factory reset 

thanks ste 

Guest Netduma Fraser

no its not showing up on my mac and phone

wired speeds today are superhub 107 down 6 up , r1 78 down 4 up with congestion set to 100% 

i am on th .7 so i will try reset  using the factory reset 

thanks ste 

Okay stewlash let me know how it goes :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

where is the reset button are we talking about the one on the back of the router or one in the router page ? 

On the control panel go to settings > miscellaneous and you should see the button under Miscellaneous actions :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

just factory reset , twice now , the router beeped but still no wifi and it still says am running .7 i would of thought it would of went back to .2 or whatever it came with after factory re set ?

No it stays on the version youre on :) do you have WiFi enabled on the superhub?

Guest Netduma Fraser

yes i do mate 

Actually, are you on a PC or MAC? Can you try going to your network settings and forgetting the R1 network and then researching for WiFi and see if it appears. 

i am on mac , I've already tried that as this has happened in the past when a connection gets a new password I've had to forget network on my iPhone / mac so i can try to connect to again 

its just not discoverable

Guest Netduma Fraser

i am on mac , I've already tried that as this has happened in the past when a connection gets a new password I've had to forget network on my iPhone / mac so i can try to connect to again 

its just not discoverable

Can you screenshot your WiFi settings on the R1 please :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

done as you suggest but as soon as i press apply it just reverts back to original setting wpa-psk  cannel 7 

Will it let you disable the WiFi?

Guest Netduma Fraser

yes just done that now , tried enabling it but just reverts back to disabled after i press apply , thats using original and suggested settings

Okay now that its disabled reboot the router and then try and enable it

Guest Netduma Fraser

ok it seem disabling the wifi then rebooting router then enabling wifi seems to have sorted it out, what setting should i use the original or the wifi setting suggested by illusiveman ?

thanks

Fantastic! Yes you can use the settings illusiveman suggested, PSK2 is more secure :)

Archived