Joining friends game.

I don't know where I should put this but a friend and I both bought the R1. I'm not in front of it right now. We live probably about 15km from each other in Ohio. So we had to guess round abouts where we were on the map. But when we join a party chat I show him on the map as host. When I ping him it says we are 220km away. But when he pings me I am about 1200-1400km away I can't remember exactly. And it shows me as more towards the middle of the U.S. And when I run a trace it shows a triangle pop up in the middle of the U.S. and back to him. Any idea on what could be causing that.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Firstly, thanks so much to the both of you for buying our router! :)

Very rarely an IP can be slightly misclassified/mislocated. We have a database of IPs that get updated with every upgrade, so it should be reclassified soon! We'll be having more frequent updates in the future, nearly daily. In theory this problem should sort itself out. 

In your scenario, you should both add each other to the Allow list on the Geo-filter. If you need help doing that, let me know. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

No rebooting would not help on this occassion. Can we use Skype as it'll be quicker? Ill private message you my skype id and when I solve it ill post back here. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Sorry about that, we're working out the bugs on that. Your home location being misclassified isn't too much of an issue, just move your home location to your actual location as a temporary fix, the database update will be soon and we're working on updating this daily in the future. Put each other in your allow lists and you'll be able to play together no problem. I don't quite understand what you mean about the UK host, i assume its outside your Geo-filter which means its working as its not allowing a connection. If you need help moving your home or allowing your friend please let me know. 

Yeah I moved it yesterday but l was wondering why it was showing me so far away from him when he pings me. I think it is having a small effect on the game. He tried joining a game right after I got off and he said more hosts were available. Like I was restricting the hosts cause I was showing up out of his geofilter.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Its possible that because you are both using the Geo-filter at the same time that you are filtering even more, hence why finding games may be harder. I suggest the party leader be the one who uses the Geo-filter and the other person have theirs disabled. It will still have the desired effect and may help get games faster. If you allow each other in your allow lists then that would definitely not be an issue that you're restricting his hosts. 

In the box underneath that says reply to this topic, click on more reply options, it'll take you to a better reply page and underneath it says attach a file. 

I wouldn't have thought so no.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Netduma Fraser

Idk if it's the router or call of duty advance warfare I can't join anyone's game invite can you guys help me out how to fix it???

Is your Geo-filter enabled? If it is enabled, is your distance big enough to incorporate the people you are accepting an invite from? If not, I suggest widening the distance or adding them to your Allow list.

Archived