Upgrade to 1.02.6

Hi chaps -  I received my R1 yesterday and quickly got it set up (BT Infinity 80/20) - Openreach modem > Linksys EA6700 > Netduma R1 > Xbox. Things seemed to be going well until I showed a strict and moderate NAT, but resolved this by sticking the R1 in the Linksys DMZ.

Anyway,after an initially great start I had a rather horrible couple of hours trying to play AW later in the evening - odd as it seemed that when my ping was showing as really low (ie sub 15ms), I was getting extremely laggy games - most notably when there were players with poor connections (1 and 2 bar) on my team?

Decided to update this morning as I was still on 1.02.2 and have followed the instructions, uploaded file and installed but I never got taken back to the index page as advised in the last point on the upgrade instructions and now I can't even access the router at 192.168.88.1?? I've not rebooted it yet as it does say specifically not to. It's been a while now and I still can't access 192.168.88.1, what should I do?

Also, is the above the ideal set up for my kit? 

Thanks in advance!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Utopia,

Firstly thanks for purchasing.

Its weird you were having laggy games at sub 15ms. That is pretty much the best connection you'll have on the Internet, the R1 can't do anymore for you once you start reaching 10ms. Unless you live in somewhere like NYC and your very lucky person.

Onto the upgrade, I suspect you unticked "preserve settings". Can you access 192.168.1.1? 

Hi Iain

Thanks for your swift response! No, cannot access 192.168.88.1...pretty sure I didn't untick anything either! R1 has not been rebooted either, yet.

And yeah, appreciate I'm not going to get better than those speeds I had last night, so was really surprised at some of the gameplay, hence the upgrade as I was looking for the 'strict' option etc..

Guest Netduma_Iain

My pleasure.

Sure, the strict won't improve that just so you know. But anyway can you try "192.168.1.1" Notice the 1 at 192.168.x.1 NOT the 88. If you don't have preserve settings ticked that can change to 1.1 not 88.1. If that doesn't work try "r1/" in the url please.

Finally if that doesn't work are you on wifi and are you on the right network? 

192.168.1.1 is my Lynksys address and entering that address still takes me to that routers settings. 

NO joy with r1 either and connection is wired.

Shall I boot the whole lot and see where we are?

Yeah, sorry, you're right! My laptop has automatically reverted to the Linksys while the R1 was doing it's stuff! Upgrade all complete, thanks.

Just one more thing finally - loads of times last night I got put into a pre match lobby in line with my parameters, only to be booted within a second or two. This only happened on one particular profile only it seems. Is this normal? I assumed it was matching me and then this booting was to do with SBMM as it's a profile with far better stats on all cods since COD4? Then again, surely once you are placed in a lobby, matchmaking has already run through the full set of criteria to put you into that lobby (including the sbmm part), no?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Glad to hear it!

The lobby booting issue I think we've confirmed is the game wants to select a host. You're not allowing it because your GF is too strict so consequently you get booted. T hats why the snap exists to find optimum search areas. Finally if you just want to game quick disable strict mode and lobby booting should go altogether.

Archived